Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:31 AM   #1

Default E-M1 and 12-100mm f4 Images- Latest Files

Processed in Adobe camera raw. Adobe seems to have tweeked their profiles for the E-M1 Mark II (left the "Mark II" part out in the thread title) in ACR. I'm really liking the results with the "Natural" profile. Straight line distortion corrections still are not as "corrected" as one gets in DXO, but other features of ACR can trump linear perfection, such as the ability to do local edits, the still superior highlight retention/clipping recovery ability of ACR, gradient filters and more practical cropping/leveling tools. In files where one stretches the dynamic range limit of E-M1 Mark II raw files, ACR keeps the highlights in check better than DXO. When it comes to landscapes with blue sky and clouds, nothing looks worse in my opinion that clouds with blank, all white clipped areas showing no detail.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this 12-100 is one versatile lens.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Oct 11, 2017 at 9:39 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:34 PM   #2

Some other E-M1 Mark II + 12-100 M. Zuiko files I originally didn't process, either in ACR or DXO, I am going back now that I really like the profile in ACR...

Petroglyphs in New Mexico..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote