Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 15, 2018, 7:47 AM   #1

Default Recent Images with the E-M1 Mark II

Just some recent images with my E-M1, I've been using the 7-14mm f2.8 M. Zuiko more recently. After studying the depth of field charts at the Olympus website I've been working on doing a better job of properly focusing to account for the huge field curvature of this lens to tighten up the corners of landscape images, which requires placing the field of focus in rather close. At 7-9mm or 10mm, this is relatively easy to do as the DOF stretches easily to infinity. I picked a lot of random images with detail down in the corners that would be easy to judge. No award-winning shots for sure, but great for checking corner to corner sharpness of this lens, which I have no problem with when I'm focusing it properly now..

Straight into the sun. I've started employing a new tactic for viewing when shooting into the sun. I have the "record" button set to switch to optical finder simulation and I set a "Sunny 16" manual exposure, which is typically 1/1000 second and f5.6 at ISO 200.

In bright outdoor light with normal shadow detail I'll often switch to the optical finder view and just leave the exposure to a similar setting and shoot for many, many images over a long stretch of time, which is how I often shoot with my Leica M outfit. Makes composition in harsh light much easier. Also great to use with manual exposure indoors when utilizing a flash, allowing me to set any exposure I want in manual mode and the finder stays nice and bright for composing.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; May 15, 2018 at 8:36 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links