Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:07 AM   #1
TG

Default Where is everyone?

Going to start posting here more often, looks like Greg is the only one posting here. Hopefully more people will start contributing here again, have always enjoyed Steve's very friendly forum with some great photographers.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:57 PM   #2

G'day TG

Yeah Tom, Mike raised this Q recently as well - where have all the others gone to ... apart from off into the sunset doing landscapes while on holidays

I have also noticed fewer & fewer responses to my images as posted over the last 12 months or so - so hoping for better times ahead

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:14 PM   #3

Im still here reading the posts, but since my stoke last year I don't get around very much, and it left me with a very hard time taking photographs due to the pain and weakness in my hands. But I still enjoy very much reading the forum and seeing the photos. The weakness in my hands caused me to drop and break my beloved E-3. But I found a used E-5 in good shape, nd I'm hopeful that my hands will soon be strong enough to start photographing again. (I also have difficulty typing, so I can't comment as often as I would like.

Last edited by Steven R; Oct 20, 2018 at 10:18 PM.
Steven R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:58 PM   #4

G'day Steven

Hey mate - very sorry to hear about your stroke & its ongoing issues ... but as long as you still can 'heckle' us young-fellas we'll very much enjoy hearing from you as well

Phil
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:22 AM   #5

The entire group of forums on this website are pretty dead. I was scanning ones where you'd expect significant traffic recently, namely Nikon and Canon. It's just silly how dead those are.

Hi Steven! Glad to see your post and I hope more time see's improvement in your condition. The man who has lead my photography club's field trips the past several years (and in his mid-80's now) had a mild stroke a few days ago and I thought about you as I read about what happened to him.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:45 AM   #6

Hi,

I'm glad to see your post, Steven. Keep fighting the good fight and I look forward to seeing you posting your photos again.

Me, I don't take photos much these days as my Parkinson's has made it difficult to walk. And, if I do post, it's likely to be on Facebook. I still visit this site to see what's new.

Also, some of you old timers may remember Andrzej Wrotniak a Fellow who had a website that specialized in everything to do with Olympus cameras. His site went dormant for a few years. Well he's back at it and has a lot of new articles on micro four thirds cameras, lenses, etc. his site is: Wrotniak.net
Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:47 PM   #7

Hi zig. Thanks for letting us know that Dr. Wrotniak's web site is back active. A great resource for any Olympus user.
Steven R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:00 PM   #8

Hi all,

I am still there ... just having a busy life! Got myself the EM-1 MK II and I am very happy with it. I had to get rid of the MK I and some old lenses to buy it ... as well as my Fuji X-E2s (which I didn’t like too much).

Did my first solo exhibit last June .... no sales but still fun the get planning for it ... you can take a look at it at https://www.agilephotograf.com

I’ll try to come back more often!

Gilles

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:46 PM   #9

G'day Gilles

Had a sqwiz at your solo exhibition material ... some appeals, some doesn't > just shows our selective likes / dislikes ... and full marks for going solo

Phil
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:23 AM   #10

Gilles, definitely some fun, creative stuff there. Congratulations on the nice-looking site and the new body.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote