Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 9, 2003, 4:06 AM   #1

Default C-2100UZ advice?

I have been offered a defective C-2100UZ. If the problem is related to the often described power supply bug, I would take a chance and try to fix the camera myself.

Here are my questions to all of you who have knowledge about the C-2100UZ sudden death syndrome or other failures:

With the camera in question, after the failure there is still some functionality, like a visible top display. Is this typical?

Can anybody describe which electronic parts need to be replaced to fix the SDS? Has the repair procedure ever been described or documented? Does anybody have a circuit schematic of the power supply bord ?

Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Herbert
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2003, 1:02 PM   #2
lg

You might want to contact the Olympus repair department. I'm sure they are familiar with this and can provide you with helpful information regarding this issue.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2003, 5:06 AM   #3

Default C-2100 advice

lg,

You bet Olympus are familiar with this! After getting Olympus involved, the camera won't be a bargain any longer. Of course the present owner tried everything and gave up on Olympus. Thanks anyway...

Herbert
Old Jun 18, 2003, 6:16 PM   #4

Default C-2100 advice

Please,

If you own or owned a C-2100UZ with the common power supply failure, you surely have had a frustrating experience. Nevertheless, you would do me a big favor by answering my question:

Is a camera with SDS completely dead or can there be some activity left, like visible figures and signs on the status display?

This is the case with the camera I acquired. So I am wondering what kind of problem this camera suffers from. Any response will be appreciated.

Herbert