Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 12, 2003, 9:27 AM   #1

Default D-40 is it a dog?

I have noticed that there are lots of referb D-40 on *-bay at quite low prices. I am a long time Oly fan and am looking for a small camera to take on Motorcycle trips. as I already have SM cards and NiMH batts. should I buy one? is there any known problems?
looks like a great camera

Ron Wolfgram
Oly 2100UZ
wolffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2003, 10:01 AM   #2
lg

I was looking at the D40 preferentially over the C50 because of the noise reduction. I would consider it or a D550 as a smaller "take anywhere" replacement when I didn't want to take my UZI along.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 10:50 AM   #3

Default I LOVE MY D40!!

I have owned my D40 for over a year and love it!! The quality is awesome and the size is perfect..

I imagine that the reason why you are seeing them sell on eBay for cheap is that it is almost 2 years old...

If you can get a good deal on one, GRAB IT!!
mgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2003, 10:23 AM   #4

I've also had a D40 for a year and I am very pleased with it. I thought I got a bargain getting a factory refurbished one for $400 and now you can get them for at least $100 less. The camera has a wealth of settings that you can choose to use or you can just point and shoot and most of the time the defaults produce great pictures. I don't care for the long lens deployment and shutter lag times, but this seems to be pretty standard with digital cameras. I also wish I had more like a 10x than 3xs optical zoom, but it looks like you have to give up a lot of compactness for a large zoom.
davel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2003, 11:00 AM   #5

Thanks for the replys Sounds like it is a great camera. I think Ill get meself one
Wolffy
wolffy is offline   Reply With Quote