Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:19 AM   #11

Hey Scotious -- I wish I knew where that mic menu was -- I tried to get thru to olympus yesterday but the wait was just too long. My manual says nothing about it. If you had your manual and it states the process in there can you scan and post it? This is such a mystery!
DCReese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:07 AM   #12

The manuals: http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...wnload/manual/

The pic:
Attached Images

Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:46 AM   #13

Thanks so much.However, when I slide to the "movie player" option and hit menu, (then mode menu) I don't get a sound option at all. The list I have to choose from is: ESP, then a flower shape (??), ISO, Fulltime AF and Function. Nothing that has the sound symbol at all. I think my camera is defective.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:10 PM   #14
Administrator

Scotious wrote:
Quote:
Wow-- I can't believe I am contradicting our hallowed administrator, but I am positive, Steve, that there is a menu item that addresses the on/off function of the sound for video recording. Sure-- there is also a menu item to turn on sound to annotate a still, but, trust me, there is a mic on/off for video toggle, too. The default for video sound is off (unfortunately), and I even started a thread about this many moons ago:
Always happy to be proven wrong, I am just human and I've used way too many different cameras in the last ten years :?
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:17 PM   #15

I think I need to find CAPT. NIXON again because he uses an external mic with his C770 and I think I do too.

Back to my question a while ago -- if I did buy an external mic, where do I find one? Olympus offers none and after surfing the net on some electronic sites, can't find one there either. Any thoughts?

I sure appreciate the feedback by the way --- I hope I can get down to the bottom of this. I want sound! ;-)

Denise
Old Nov 7, 2006, 2:54 PM   #16

>>However, when I slide to the "movie player" option and hit menu<<

Hey, DC, the instructions in my pic specifically guide you the CAMERA menu, not the MOVIE PLAYER option.

(sorry for yelling-- but if you can't make this work, then there is a defect in your camera.)
Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:13 PM   #17

The only time I get the sound option icon is when I take a still, go to review it, then hit the menu button and then mode menu. It's there. I can select it and ADD sound after the fact.

If I slide the button to movie, then hit menu, I can go scroll down to 'setup' and find "sound" on or off...and that is ON. Still nothing.

I really am very good with this stuff, I just feel like what you are saying and what I am SEEING are two different things. The manual is not accurate according to my options. It's very frustrating.

That's why I thought maybe Capt. Nixon may have the exact same menu as mine and be able to help me.

I REALLY appreciate your time.

Denise
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:22 PM   #18

Denise, did you ever figure this out???

I finally got my camera back today, and I apologize for YELLING 'cuz I was wrong. Of course, the mic option is in the video menu (slider all the way right, to the camera icon.)

You said: >>Thanks so much.However, when I slide to the "movie player" option and hit menu, (then mode menu) I don't get a sound option at all. The list I have to choose from is: ESP, then a flower shape (??), ISO, Fulltime AF and Function. Nothing that has the sound symbol at all. I think my camera is defective.<<

You just didn't scroll far enough. On my camera, if you keep hitting the down arrow *past* the Function setting-- you get to the little mic icon next, and then you can toggle it on.

Right?

wow-- I just noticed Cedarville. We're almost neighbors (plus or minus 6hrs!)
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:06 AM   #19

OH MY GOSH!!! YES, THAT'S IT!!! I found it!!!!! You are fabulous Scotious!

I finally have sound -- can't believe it!

Now I am yelling -- but it's excitement. And yes, we are neighbors!

Thanks again!!!!!

p.s. off to go do some major recording now. ;-)

Denise
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:46 AM   #20

HURRAY! Glad it worked. Now, the quality of that mic? Pretty bad, you'll find. I've yet to hook up an external, but I suspect it would be much better.

Take care, Denise. See you in the movies--

--Scott