Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:42 PM   #1

I have had an Olympus C750UZ for a couple of years and have been very happy with it. Recently, though, whenever I put in new batteries my settings go backto default. I always have "AllReset" on Off. However, once I take outdying batteries and insert new onesthat setting apparently changes to On and all of my settings go back to what they were when I first unpacked the camera. This is getting very frustrating since each time I change batteries I have to go through several steps to adjust the quality setting, time and date, sequence of file numbers, etc. Has anyone else had this problem orhave any suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you in advance.
catte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:29 PM   #2

Sounds like you have a possible capacitor problem. See the similiar discussion in this same Olympus forum concerning the date resetting on theirC740.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=22

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:42 PM   #3

Steven,

Thanks very much for heading me in the right direction. After doing some research on the net, it does appear that what I have is a non-functioning capacitor. I don't think I have the nerve to take my camera apart to replace it. I've emailed Olympus to find out if they will repair the camera and how much they will charge to do that.Again, thanks forthe info. It is truly appreciated!

Carol
catte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:19 PM   #4

You have a very good camera model; its user's are usually well pleased with it, and it has a good reputation. Even though it is out of production, used C750's are generally bought quickly.

FYI: currently there is a used one for sell on E-bay. Looks to be in pretty good shape. That is an option if the cost to repair is too high.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLYMPUS-C750-CAM...QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote