Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 16, 2002, 1:42 AM   #1

Default white spots on olympus c3040 pics

hello. i'm new to this world of digital photography. i just bought the C3040 & i was very happy with the pics I took until i recently took some night photos. i realised that the pics come with some white spots which looks like the lens is dirty. anyway, i've cleaned the lens but the spots do come back. the thing is, the spots are not there always. i don't see it in my day pics and also some of my night pics. some of my night pics are great without the spots but some do annoy me with the white spots.
i have attached some sample pics (powerpoint format) of the problem for some feedback. thanks.
freza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2002, 12:16 PM   #2

I can't seem to download your pics. Does the 3040 have noise reduction as with the 3020 and 4040. If so, turn it on as it's often needed for long exposures.

Steve
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2002, 8:47 PM   #3

thanks steve. i'll go through the manual about turning the noise reduction on. anyway i was able to download the images. use right click & save target as... pls try again. i'll attach another file (the images are inserted into a document file).

Any other opinions?

Thanks again.
freza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2002, 1:14 PM   #4

OK got them. More of a blob than spot. Not the kind of noise I've been used to and the're different sizes too. Try noise reduction and see what happens - nowt to lose.

I don't think they would be visible in day shots present or not. therefore could be a fault of some sort. I wonder if it's lens glare?

Think I'll try a long exposure tonight and look at mine with and without noise reduction.

Steve
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote