Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 6, 2003, 10:40 PM   #11

In Asia. but Just purchased the American version of 5050. Everytime you turn on and off the camera, alone also come the sound. How do i get rid off this feature? Appreciate any help.
cslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 1:56 PM   #12

Hi

I don't have the camera or the manual in front of me, so my directions may not be completely on the mark. But if you open the menu in the camera you'll find places to select sound on opening and sound on closing (two separate settings). Just turn them off, and there will be no more sound when you open or shut down the camera.

Steve Price
Steve_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2003, 10:14 PM   #13

Steve, thanks. Got it. I am a digital neophyte. Another question?. Can the 5050 take it ordinary Alkaline AA batteries that you used in your everyday garget? Ordindary AA batteries in this part of the world come with 1.5V. But the manual says 1.2V batteries. Are they okay?
cslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2003, 2:30 AM   #14

You can use Alkalines in an emergency, but they are useless for anything else...they only last a few shots. Even though they are a higher voltage, they don't have the current capacity that high capacity NiMHs do. I use 2000mAH NiMHs and they just go on forever.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote