Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 30, 2003, 9:35 AM   #1

Default Olympus c-750 xd-picture card error.

I just purchased this camera shot a few pics with the 16meg card then purchased a 64 meg card while waiting for a 256 meg card to arrive. I inserted the card and the camera said I had to format it. I tried to format and got an error. Is this going to be a problem buying xd card or is there a way to fix it?

Blaine
iblaineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2003, 1:19 PM   #2

Try format it in other oly camera.If it will not work there ,the problem is in card.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 8:21 PM   #3

Where did you buy the card from? Was is new and in a sealed package or was it second hand?

I've had the same problem on my C-730 with SM cards formatted for my MP3 player and there's not a lot you can do about it as far as I'm aware. You may have to return the card to your supplier telling them exactly what you've said on here.

The problem is that Oly cameras are very sensitive about how their memory cards are formatted ... as are many other digicams. If a card is formatted in the wrong way (either by using it in another device or by formatting it in Windows via a card reader) it can mean that your camera won't be able to read it ever again; even to format it!
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:59 AM   #4

If it doesn't format the first time, send it back! You might get lucky and get it eventually formatted, but then the card may become flaky again and then you're stuck with it!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 8:56 PM   #5

I went back to B&H Photo and exchanged the XD-picture card. I had customer service open the card and tried it there. It also didn't work. They where really nice and refunded my money. They told me to go the store where I purchased the camera. I didn't want to wait to tomorrow so I went to best buy and purchased a fuji xd-picture card. It worked great. The best buy sales guy made it sound like best buy doesn't carry olympus cards because they have problems. I think that might have been a sales story thought. I mail ordered a 256 meg card so I guess I'll see if that works.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 12:33 AM   #6

The other xD cards you tried, they were OLYMPUS brand????
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 8:20 AM   #7

Yes the two defective cards where Olympus xd-picture cards. The 256 meg card I have ordered is also Olympus. I'll keep you posted.