Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 24, 2007, 1:26 PM   #1

Picked up one of these e bay cheap, in fact itsas new very nice so far exept the exposure can be changed + or - far too often by mistake as it is changed by the middle 4 way button by pressing left or right . This means that the exposure is being changed usually + by accident as you handle the camera, Far to many times ive noticed by accident the exposure has changed by meand yet only by accident to + 1/3 or 2/3 or more by me touching the 4 way button and not seeing ive moved / changed the exposure , There seems to be no lock button to keep it at o or + or - anyone else found this or is there a way to stop accidentally changing the exposure thanks Rodo ,.:?
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:02 PM   #2
Administrator

Sorry but no, it was a terrible design flaw that has been like that on many Olympus cameras foryears now. The first time I ran into it I let Olympus know about it and that was a long time ago and as far as I know it was never fixed. I had suggested a simple "lock the buttons" setting but alas they never did it :roll: You just need to be constantly aware of the problem and check the LCD often to see if the +/- is there.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 4:21 AM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply Steve , I feelvery proudto have the boss reply to me and to confirm what I thought to be an unbelievable bad flaw to a cameras use ,I wonder if the same problem is found on any other popular camera makes and models apart from Olympus with this bad glitchI might buy, For myself I think I willsell the camera asap and thats a shame its as brand new and gives nice results I like the5X zoom very much ,but it doesnot have imoas nice IQ as myvery good fuji modelsF11 / F30.Thanks Steve again I have never seen a camera with this bad flaw and never read about this flaw anywhere in this forum or elsewhere I am shocked I wonder a company like Olympus could make such an error, that is trulyamazing Rodo .:bye:
Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:49 AM   #4

Well Steve ive found cant get on with this ev problem no matter how carefull i am there are times when the ev gets changed by my clumsy big fingers and ruins the shot , I have too many other cams and so it has just now beensold e bay UK , Pity it was a good model apart from that ev glitch ,still I want a dslr to try next and with in body Is so sorry olympus is not going to beone of yours ,looks like Pentax is going to get my hard earned this time Rodo.:bye: