Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 18, 2003, 9:19 AM   #11

Skylight has a slight pink cast which improves skintones with film cameras, but as digital cameras have auto white balance any benefits may be defeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs
Also, it's a shame that Olympus doesn't make the CLA-4 in brushed chrome so that it would look better with the camera.
As I wrote in the Oly_C-700 forum yesterday, "Until you add a black filter (or black lens), then (IMO) it looks worse, like you couldn't find a matching colour for the filter.

Actually I get more respect with the black tube on the camera than with it off...people think it's some type of lens hood, so you must be a pro and they walk around you...whereas without it they don't give much consideration."

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussion, fun assignments, etc. for all C-7x0 users. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2003, 9:54 AM   #12

Mike_PEAT
Did you find you got a lot of new spam after joining the yahoo group?
Robs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2003, 11:09 AM   #13

Re: Yahoo comment...I get a lot of spam as it is, and have used Yahoo groups for years, so I can't say if I've gotten more because of it (but that's what filters are for). I will say that on the Yahoo Group website your email address is protected (after the @ and first letter the rest of the address is removed from view), but in the emails received by others your email address is exposed in full view (it is possible for someone to note every address sending out replies and have those addresses added to spam lists).

Personally though, between the good advice and great discussions I've had in the group, and the posibility of more spam, I chose the former!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote