Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 19, 2003, 4:49 PM   #1

Default c-750 availability

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there will soon be a replacement for the c750. I can't find it in national retail chains like Best Buy, CompUSA, or Circuit City. They have the c740 though so I find it odd. It must be "special ordered" thru them. Just wondering why that is and if anyone knows anything.

Thanks in advance.
Sifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2003, 5:26 PM   #2

Stores like Best Buy don't have the best merchandise...they have lesser quality or cheaper products (or products with mistakes, which was the case of a remote I bought at Best Buy).

Anyway, they just get the products for what their customers typically buy, and forget everything else. For instance Best Buy is still selling off the C-720 but never carried the C-730. Now they're carrying the less expensive C-740 but won't carry the C-750.

Since there's the recently released 740 and 750 now, you probably won't see a new model until at least March (when the PNA show is on), if not later.

The main thing I'm waiting for in a new model is low light autofocus assist. The 750 is *close* to what the original C-700 SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

If you want to check out the C-750, you should go to a larger photography store that sells high quality equipment.

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, for all C-7x0 users...discussion, fun assignments and more. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2003, 5:38 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote:
The main thing I'm waiting for in a new model is low light autofocus assist.
Would an external hotshoe flash like Fl-40 help with lowlight focus since it has a AF assist lamp?
Sifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2003, 5:52 PM   #4

Yes, the FL-40's beam would work...problem is the FL-40 costs almost as much as the camera (although it is a VERY nice flash).

There's a less expensive alternative, the Promaster 5550 or 5750 with an Promaster Olympus DX module with hotshoe (or cable for C-700/730) for under $200, but the focus assist doesn't seem to work properly with the C-7x0 cameras.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote