Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 27, 2003, 8:53 AM   #11

After rereading my replies, they do seem quite curt and terse...I guess my difficult week was being relayed in the messages I've posted. BUT, at least my "rudeness" was totally unintentional...macroangels, what you did was far worse.

I'm not holier-than-thou, and if you scrape away what I said that you thought was "rude", you'll see that I was genuinely trying to help.

To risk sounding "holier-than-thou", I have to concede though that I never had the benefit of "first starting out and needing help"...I'm one of those people who have a knack for most things, I can pick up a camera, or a computer I've never used before and without looking at the manual or help files know how it works, or if it's broken know how to fix it; but have never gone to school to learn how to fix it. I've been online for 20 years now, and I can't remember asking for help on this stuff...I've always been the one to answer the questions.

Anyway what's done has been done. I guess you can say that one shouldn't be in a bad mood and answer questions, just like you shouldn't drink and drive...in both cases you're impaired. But at least I took the time to answer the questions...except for Gibson, no one else here helped!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 10:25 AM   #12

I have no intention of continuing in this thread but in conclusion I must say the last post has to be the most insulting ,self opinionated self centered and badly presented prose I nearly paid any attention to.marco was passing an honest and accurate response.thus ends my interest in mr peat.
jasm
jasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 12:01 PM   #13

Default gee ...

and i used to like the oly forum ...
Keje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 1:27 AM   #14

Default John 8:7

Gentlemen,

Since I began visiting this forum, I have read all your posts and become a kind of familiar with each of you. May I suggest that you all do a total re-boot, forget and forgive and keep on contributing?

Sincerely, Herbert
HerbertRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 1:54 PM   #15

A very sensible thing to say Herbert.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2003, 3:55 PM   #16

Hey James,

I kinda formed the impression you're a Scot... Now, I KNOW the Scots speak excellent Scottish, so I'll gladly vouch for your linguistic credentials.

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2003, 6:23 PM   #17

Hi Fenlander,
Well touchy in old age I take as an entitlement. how are you,going MAC needed more time and my locker is out of patience.I still have c4000 and about to try c750 the Holy quest has abated a wee bit but Iam still interested.Nice to have chatted your clarity and knowledge illuminated this site.
jasm
jasm is offline   Reply With Quote