Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:47 PM   #1

Default Software help

Tried dpreview with no reply hoping for better here.I have this week changed to Mac os x then find no Irfanview and not much joy with photo apps.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jasm .
jasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2003, 7:07 PM   #2

If you asked a question, it might help. Are you trying to find a Irfanview Mac equivalent, since you've upgraded to Mac OSX you can't find your installed copy of Irfanview, or what?
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 5:55 AM   #3

My level of English language is obviously not acceptable but thank you for your response.
jasm
Old Jul 23, 2003, 9:18 AM   #4

I'm just trying to find out what you're asking...if you had written more, maybe we could figure it out. Also if I can make a suggestion since this question isn't Olympus related you ask it in the "General Q&A forum" as it will give you more chance for a response.

English isn't my first language either. One thing I do when stumped for the right word is use an online translation site, type in what I want to say and it will translate it for me...check out:
http://world.altavista.com/

If you copy and paste the english translation from AltaVista add a footnote to say, "This was automatically translated to english by AltaVista, please excuse any errors." then you won't get any negative comments about mistakes.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 12:54 PM   #5

Irfanview has not been written for any MAC os. I hope this is the question you were asking.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2003, 2:37 PM   #6

I was looking for possible alternative apps.for mac I honestly did not foresee these problems with mac,this was one fool who rushed in.
jasm
Old Jul 23, 2003, 5:38 PM   #7

You should have done a search for Mac in the General Q&A forum...these issues were discussed a few times; I know I mentioned the fact that the person who was switching from PC to Mac would need all new software. Also these days there's no real advantage anymore since PCs are just as capable...there's nothing the one machine can do that the other can't.

All my photo editing, video editing, music and sound editing, desktop publishing, etc. etc. etc. is done on the PC. 15 years ago, I wouldn't have considered either a PC or a Mac to do all those jobs (I used to do all that stuff on an Amiga)...but today the PC does a good job.

You can get VPC (VirtualPC) for the Mac to run your PC programs, but it runs slower than a normal PC.

Here's a link to an Exif/image viewer for the Mac (note, I've never tried it myself as I don't use Macs):
http://homepage.mac.com/aozer/EV/
Old Jul 26, 2003, 5:00 PM   #8

Have admitted defeat built pc today and am just now loading all software thank you.
jasm
Old Jul 26, 2003, 11:29 PM   #9

hi Jasm, my apologies for Mike Peat's rude responses. He is definitely knowledgeable but lacks manners. I'm sure there was a time when he first started out and needed help, and would not have appreciated a 'holier-than-thou' attitude from another member. This forum was meant to 'help', not 'ridicule'...blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2003, 7:20 AM   #10

Default marcoangels

Thank you for your comment to resort to an ill mannered response as he did I think is indicative of a lack of basic manners and truly did not register nor warrent a reply as I am now giving.

jasm