Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 28, 2003, 1:31 AM   #1

Default Still Trying To Decide On A C750? Take The plunge!

Two days ago I decided what the heck,I can always return it right?
So I bought my C-750 and a 256mb xd card.
I have had NO regrets since.....sure its only been two days but I have taken over 500 pictures. This purple fringing people discuss of when using a long zoom....havent seen it (of course i'm assuming it means a purplish colour on the pics)Admittedly I am far from a pro but what I know is this...yes the camera sometimes takes semi blurry pics when using the zoom to its max.The fix you ask? Buy a tripod or lean on something! Its a digital camera people.....if the pic is no good delete it and try again.As for battery power i used the supplied batts and shot roughly 175 pics with the lcd before they died.To those of you who have used a plethora of cameras and are the picky type this may not be the one for you but if you want a good camera with great zoom which even a rookie like me figured out in 20 minutes........Take the plunge! I have pics if anyone would like to see

http://waynebrunet.fotopic.net
slickShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2003, 8:13 PM   #2

Hi slickshooter,

I would be interested in looking at your photos.

I have a 750, but am unhappy with the zoom, and some picture quality. The shop has agreed to replace it or exchange for another brand. Am confused.

Jase
Jase M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2003, 8:30 PM   #3

Jase,

I purchased the c-750 earlier this month, after reading the review on this site for the c-740, and the c-750 reviews on:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C750/C75A.HTM

and

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ol...ew/index.shtml

I've taken lots of shots to test the zoom, compare HQ to SHQ, etc. and I've been very happy so far. The key to any camera (or computer, or anything else for that matter) is to ask yourself "How will I be using this?".

I generally take vacation shots at National Parks, and plan on keeping photo albums of 4 x 6's for ease of display. For me, the c-750 is perfect for getting those close shots of great scenery you can't always get physically close to.

Before returning it, make sure you're using it under realistic conditions, and try to read about, and test, anything else you're seriously considering in the same price range. No sense in trading one disappointment for another.

Good luck.
Robs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:33 PM   #4

The 750 has the new ED lens which is supposed to, and seems to reduce CAs over the 730 which can suffer quite badly.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2003, 1:56 PM   #5

Default pics

WAYNEBRUNET.FOTOPIC.NET
Old Aug 1, 2003, 8:26 PM   #6

The Olympus 750 just went down $80.00 in price at Newegg.com.
Now, I have to consider it, *lol*. It's almost the same price as the Canon S50 and G3.
gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2003, 5:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase M
Hi slickshooter,

I have a 750, but am unhappy with the zoom, and some picture quality. The shop has agreed to replace it or exchange for another brand. Am confused.

Jase
What in particular are you not happy with?

FWIW, I have the C700 (quite similar in most ways) and have a number of issues with it, but it is still a very good camera. (Note that I have issues of one sort or another with all of my cameras so this is not limited to the C700.)

What is it about the zoom that you don't like? (The zoom has never been an issue with me.)

As to picture quality, mine produces excellent pictures in general -- as long as I leave the ISO at 100. (At higher ISO's -- and anything over 100 is higher -- I start to get unacceptable noise immediately. That is not limited to my C700, my other Olympus digital exhibits the same trait... I can live with it <G>...) The only other picture quality issue I have is the occasional occurance of a magenta outline around an object in the foreground which is against a sunny sky. This seems to be a function of the particular lighting conditions at the time and is something that I have learned to live with... (It is so infrequent that it really isn't a problem for me...)

Regards,
<TED>
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2003, 5:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase M
Hi slickshooter,

Jase
What in particular are you not happy with?

FWIW, I have the C700 (quite similar in most ways) and have a number of issues with it, but it is still a very good camera. (Note that I have issues of one sort or another with all of my cameras so this is not limited to the C700.)

What is it about the zoom that you don't like? (The zoom has never been an issue with me.)

As to picture quality, mine produces excellent pictures in general -- as long as I leave the ISO at 100. (At higher ISO's -- and anything over 100 is higher -- I start to get unacceptable noise immediately. That is not limited to my C700, my other Olympus digital exhibits the same trait... I can live with it <G>...) The only other picture quality issue I have is the occasional occurance of a magenta outline around an object in the foreground which is against a sunny sky. This seems to be a function of the particular lighting conditions at the time and is something that I have learned to live with... (It is so infrequent that it really isn't a problem for me...)

Regards,
<TED>
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2003, 11:37 AM   #9

Here are a few sample pics taken with my Oly C750 all are taken WITHOUT a tripod and have NOT been touched up yet.
As you can see it is possible to take fairly clear pics with the 10x zoom at full length.
Please comment on my pics,good and bad.
All are taken in Ottawa Canada in the past few cloudy days.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 12:23 PM   #10

Default oops

Sorry for erasing some post here on this thread but they are abit outdated