Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 4, 2003, 9:59 PM   #1

Default Filter question for C-5050Z

I currently use a C-3040Z and was thinking of upgrading to a C-5050Z. On my current camera I use a tiffen 41-43mm lens tube and a hoya 43mm filter. I get no viginetting with this set-up (at least none I can detect). I have noticed on some sites that they claim the C-5050Z will viginette with anything less than a 52mm filter setup. Has any C-5050Z user out there used a 43mm set-up? From the various review sites it looks to me like both the C-3040Z and C-5050Z have the same lens on them so I don't understand how it could be OK on the older camera and not OK on the new one? Any thoughts please would be appreciated.

Bill100
Bill100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2003, 5:17 PM   #2

Bill100,

I have been using that exact setup on my C5050 since I got it two months ago. I have taken quite a few pics and have noticed no problems what so ever.

See: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/c5050/lens-adapt.html for a more in-depth look at this issue and other great articles on the C5050.

JT.
J. Trevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2003, 9:42 PM   #3

Default C-5050z filter question

Thanks JT for your response. The article link was also excellent. I could not understand the hype on some other sites about the need for the large size filters. I tried a 52mm with the olympus CLA-1 (I own both tubes) and the viewfinder blockage is unacceptable. Again, thanks for the response.
Bill100 is offline   Reply With Quote