Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:17 AM   #1

Hi,
I just bought c-755uz and its neat, but i live in Japan and Japanese firmware has only Japanese.
Olympus USA site has a broken link to c-755uz firmware, and they are not responding to emails, so please if anyone has it i would be very grateful!!

pm for my email, or just attach it here....

Thanks a lot!

milika555777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2007, 6:29 PM   #2
Administrator

Olympus Japan has it. I see a note by the C-755UZ that this firmware I'm linking to is only for American models. I'm guessing that the only language may be English. But, that's only a guess. Because of differences in video between regions (PAL vs. NTSC), your video out may also be impacted if it's not selectable in a menu somewhere.

Use at your own risk. Anytime you update your firmware, you risk turning a camera into a paperweight, especially if you're using firmware that wasn't designed for your exact model. Once you accept the license agreement, the next page will have a working download link for it. I just tested the actual download link and it works.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...rm/pictbridge/

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 9:12 PM   #3

Most true, but i just bought this camera and its all on Japanese, and i dont speak Japanese

I tried that link and it acctually works (thank a lot!) but it is a link to older firmware - so i cannot update it...

Do you think Olympus Master would offer to update the language? I tried Olympus master 2 but it says this camera is not supported...

bummer!

Thanks again!
milika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 10:18 PM   #4
Administrator

Does it recognize that it's an older version when you try to update it, or are you just assuming that it won't update because of the version number? I don't know if it would actually load or not.

It looks like most of the Olympus sites are now pointing to Olympus Japan for the actual downloads. For example, I got to the Olympus Japan English pages from Olympus Singapore's download pages. lol

You may want to dig around in some more of the regional Olympus sites and see if you can find it anywhere. It's possible that the model number is different in different regions, too. I've seen some comments about it being the same camera as the C-750UZ except for the way it's packaged. But, I don't know if that's true or not.

Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:00 PM   #5

Model number for this camera is the same as USA c-755uz and the firmware update process recognize the camera but says no update needed...

I tried hacking the firmware update software to put bigger version number, but was unsuccessful. I managed to change the version which it displays, but it obviously has some kind of internal check which i can not bypass.

Olympus Master 2.0 says this camera is not supported - so i can not change the language with it...

Any ideas?
milika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:15 PM   #6
Administrator

Well, Olympus America has a working download link (I just tried it). But, it may be the same firmware that Olympus Japan has (I don't know if it is or not):

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...=1125&os=w

Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:27 AM   #7

milika,
It is written that the firmware is only for US models. Your model is Japanese. You could f--k your camera.
There is possibility to install even earlier firmware. I need to be on my home PC to help you. Just tell me which Oly firmware you want to use (a link is enough) and I will try to help you.
mguergov is offline   Reply With Quote