Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 8, 2003, 6:21 PM   #1

Default Help with C730 viewfinder

;Hi! I desperately need help with my C730 which I purchased last Oct. Last night I downloaded the pictures using an AC adapter as I've done before, safely unplugged the USB plug and the AC adapter and turned off the camera. This morning when I turn the camera on, the lens came out but the viewfinder was black, no LCD view. The shutter release worked and I was able to download the pictures. I tried to look for troubleshooting tips in the users manual but did not see any for the problem. I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Andi
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2003, 6:31 PM   #2

Does the large LCD work? Assuming you don't have the USB or video output plugged in you probably need to send your camera in for repair. I know it's hard to hear, but I can't think of anything else. You can try a reset by removing the batteries overnight, know though that any settings will be lost.

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, for users of all Olympus C-7x0 cameras, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 6:34 PM   #3

The large LCD is also black. I will try to remove the batteries to see if it helps. Thanks.

Andi
Old Aug 8, 2003, 8:29 PM   #4

Try pressing the OK button to see if that brings up the menu.

BTW, you are SURE you don't have anything plugged into the camera (USB, Video)...you didn't respond to that question.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 10:50 PM   #5

No, I removed the USB plug and the AC adapter last night before I turned the camera off.

Andi
Old Aug 8, 2003, 11:44 PM   #6

I suspect your mistake was turning the camera off last, after unplugging AC adaptor USB cable etc. Turning the camera off should be the FIRST thing you do AFTER disabling the USB recognition in Windows. You might just have fried your camera I regret to say.
Richard Howes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 10:20 PM   #7

Oh nooo....Well, I bought it last Dec so I'm going to ship it to Olympus and see what they will tell me. I didn't realize that I would have to turn off the camera first. I have always unplugged the USB connection then turn the camera off. But, I'm still able to take pictures just can't see anything thru the viewfinder and LCD. If it was fried, I don't think I would able to press the shutter nor would I be able to take pictures...

Andi