Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 17, 2003, 10:52 AM   #1

Default C2100 UZ Where?

OK Guys (Gals) I am new to this forum and new to taking fine photos also. So I need a new camrea. I have read the reviews and have decided I would like to have an olympus C-2100 UZ.
Question ? Can this camrea still be bought new? I can't find one on the internet. Did find some used. (don't want used) Is there a better camrea or newer model, That has taken the C2100 place?
Any thoughts? Or sources? I want to take pictures of wildflowers and wildlife. Thanks Bill
TexasBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2003, 11:54 AM   #2

If you want it for the image stabilization and the zoom, but you can live without manual controls you can get the Panasonic DMC-FZ1 which is a 12xIS Leica lens camera (but again very few manual controls).

There's also the Canon Pro90IS, but that's about the same age as the Oly C-2100 and again difficult to find new (actually they both use Canon's IS lens technology).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:28 PM   #3

PM or email lg for info about getting one of these cameras. He recently gave me a lead on one for a decent price.

Best regards

John
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2003, 4:53 PM   #4
lg

TexasBill, you are right-- it's getting harder and harder to find a new one out there! Most of the new ones are going on eBay for about twice what you can buy a refurbished one for. A class "A" refurbished camera comes with the same items that came in the original retail box, has a 90-day Olympus warranty, and is a good deal in my opinion. If there's a problem with it, you can always get it fixed under warranty. I have purchased two refurbished units, and am very pleased with both of them.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:30 PM   #5

Plus if you're in the US or Canada, on top of that 90 day refurb warranty you can buy a 2 YEAR extended warranty from Olympus which includes a cleaning and a checkup for $84US. It's definately worth it for the C-2100UZ:

https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=200807-410

Note that you have to buy the extended warranty before the original warranty expires!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:53 PM   #6

Hi Texas Bill__

Welcome to the forum

You can monitor the pickings at Olympus refurbished online web site at:

http://www.stores.ebay.com/olympusam...l?col=2&dir=-1

Good luck
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 10:52 PM   #7

Default Haven't got one yet

Still haven't found the C-2100 but have been looking . I did bid on one but did not win the bid. I think I will try again. I also want to thank you guys for the help. ebay has some more listed. I missed the last one at $550.00.
How about the E-100RS is it as hard to find? I haven't found one of those either. Thanks Bill
TexasBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 12:59 AM   #8

Texas Bill - I have an Oly C2100 that I selling. If you are interested or want more information, send me an email..
ceb289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 2:17 AM   #9

Default Bill I have a Olympus C-2100 UZ (Mint)

Hello Bill. I have a Mint Olympus C-2100 Ultra Zoom, You can Email me at [email protected] Thanks Bobby
wildcat1272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2003, 3:48 AM   #10

you have 4 posts of this. the ground rules are no selling. please remove the link above. regretfully if it is not removed by you it will be removed by Steve

i would call 4 posts spamming.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote