Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 30, 2003, 3:49 PM   #1

Default Olympus C-750 - Care

I have searched the manuals and there is no information concerning foul weather use. I am assuming that the camera is not weather resistant, but really don't know.

Could someone please give me advice on the care of this camera. I am especially interested in what precautions should be taken when using it under inclement conditions (rain, snow), or whether it should be used at all.

Thank you.
ecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2003, 5:17 PM   #2

The first thing I would do to protect the camera is get a lens tube and filter from http://www.2filters.com./ .

I have never been fond of using any camera in the rain, but I would think the Olympus C-7XX series is as safe as any for such use.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:14 PM   #3

Default Weather Conditions

Hi!

I remember reading in the Reference Manual that the Camera should not be used in the rain!

Cannot remember whether it was the 740 or 750 manual but I should think the same applies to both!
BernBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:19 PM   #4

If you are really serious about rain shooting you can get a waterproof case for the C-7x0 (making sure it's the correct one for your generation of C-7x0). Another suggestion although it doesn't have the zoom of the C-7x0 is to look at the weather resistant Olympus Stylus cameras.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2003, 6:48 PM   #5

I have used (not by choice most times) my c750uz in some very light rain (spitting) a few times without any ill effects....but this was very light amount of rain and very small drops at that. As stated above I would 110% recommend a lens tube and a filter to cover up the cameras stock lens and all of its hardware. Thats the part I would expect to have the most issues from being exposed to water next to the lcd. I think common sence comes into play when shooting in the rain, if your getting a little wet...so is your camera!
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote