Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 9, 2003, 10:50 AM   #1

Default oly c4000 dummy

I'm baffled. Not only can I not download the reference manual in PDF the camera will not download pics.
Any other place to find manual and has anyone had issues w/Oly software?
Thanx.
felixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2003, 12:35 PM   #2

felixxer

The C4000 is viewed as removable drive under my computer. When you plug in the usb cable to your usb port on your computer you see the camera as additional drive under my computer. You can then drag and drop the files from the camera to a folder on your hard drive.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2003, 1:04 PM   #3

I plug in USB the LCD of 4000 goes black. No pics appear anywhere.
felixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2003, 2:52 PM   #4

felixxer -

The LCD screen on my C-730 is also blank when I'm downloading pictures from the camera to the computer. I'm using Windows XP Pro and do not have any problems downloading pictures. I don't turn the camera on until AFTER I've attached the USB cable to both the camera and computer. As "gibsonpd3620" stated, I then see the camera as an additional removable drive and I drag and drop the pictures from the camera to a designated folder. When I'm done, I click on the icon down in the task bar that allows me to remove the camera and after the computer says it's OK to remove the device, I then turn off the camera and unplug it from the USB cable. When I power the camera up again, the pictures are viewable on the camera LCD; I usually reformat the card at this point to erase the pictures. Probably more complicated than it needs to be, but it works fine for me. Card reader should work similarly.

You should find the manual on the Olympus CD that came with your camera. It is also available at the Oly www site (although I don't have the specific location readily available.)

Hope this helps.

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300 WCON-7
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2003, 3:53 PM   #5

plg3 is correct in that the camera will shut off the lcd when downloading pics. Turn the camera to the P mode and then plug the camera in to the usb port. Look in my computer for the additional drive you did not have before plugging in the camera. When click the drive you will see a folder named DCM (i can't remember exact name) double click folder and another folder is displayed, double click that folder and you will see your pics. Do not ask me why Olympus needs to folders to see the pics.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 5:05 PM   #6

You can download the manuals from:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...ad_manuals.asp

You have to select which camera you have.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote