Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaldmann
Ah, newbie here :?

Does the lens tube replace the wobbly part, or fit over it, or just what exactly?
It's a tube that fits over the *floating* lens barrel (note, not "wobbly"). The filter tube adapter then gives you a standard filter size of 55mm, 52mm, 46mm, or whatever size you wish (52 seems to be the best). Some photos of a tube courtesy of the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group:
http://www.pbase.com/image/6328787
http://www.pbase.com/image/6328788

The body side of the filter tube adapter is always 45.6mm, and you have to get a tube specific to the C-7x0 series of cameras.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
....*floating* lens barrel (note, not "wobbly")
What, do you work for Olympus?

Oh, and thanks for the info - I'll check it out.
dwaldmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:56 PM   #13

Just the technical term.

As we say in the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, we're not here to defend Olympus...we're here to help you survive them.

- Check out the Oly_C-700 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun assignments for ALL C-7x0 users (700. 720, 730, 740, 750):
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 2:03 AM   #14

The barrel tube is not very firmly inserted in his place and has a slight movement up/down/left/right (around his axis). This movement is more amply when the barrel tube is bossy. Anyway, I understand from the members here this is normal and I sleep well now You know...I'm from Romania and here this camera is very, very expensive. It's about 1200$ I don't see the filters and the tube in Romania you speak here for my camera and I don't know exactly what is a tube and how can I mout the tube on the barrel.
Thank you all for your support!
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 9:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei
The barrel tube is not very firmly inserted in his place and has a slight movement up/down/left/right (around his axis). This movement is more amply when the barrel tube is bossy. Anyway, I understand from the members here this is normal and I sleep well now You know...I'm from Romania and here this camera is very, very expensive. It's about 1200$ I don't see the filters and the tube in Romania you speak here for my camera and I don't know exactly what is a tube and how can I mout the tube on the barrel.
Thank you all for your support!
Look at the 2 filters link I posted earlier. I don't know if they take international orders or not. Possibly someone travelling could ourchase for you? Olympus offers a tube, but its more expensive and doesn't have the aesthetics of the aftermarket model.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2003, 3:43 PM   #16

I purchased the adapter tube , Hoya 52 mm UV Haze filter, and Snap on lens cap from http://www.2filter.com
as recommended by Jerry Backof above (thanks).
The items cost me 21.63 inc postage & packing to UK , the Company is brilliant to deal with and I got the goods in a couple of days.
Highly Recommended !!
Bermuda_Onion is offline   Reply With Quote