Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:01 PM   #1

Default 750UZ - Printing the manual

Any brainy ideas for printing the PDF manual in a reasonable format?

What I'd really like to do is print 4 "pages" per 8-1/2 x 11. I can do that on one side using my printer settings, but in order to print both sides (I don't have a duplexer) I'd have to manually print batches of 4 pages at a time. I tried "Print even pages" but it uses the original page number, not the printed page number.

60 pages (printing one side) would be a lot better than the 238 by default, but even 60 is still pretty ridiculous IMHO. 30 would be manageable.
dwaldmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2003, 12:06 PM   #2

Default Kinko's

I printed the manual for the C5050z two pages to a sheet but if I had it to do over again I'd take the CD to Kinko's, or the equivalent, and see what they could do.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 3:10 AM   #3

Another "dumb" idea from miller time... how about copy and paste to your e-mail, send it to yourself and print it. Or would that many pages be a really big job? You could set the type size and all to compact it that way also. If you do it and it works. Forward it to the rest of us.
J Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 8:50 AM   #4

I printed the manual out from Acrobat Reader, in booklet form, on my Lexmark Z52, 2 pages per side, 4 pages per sheet. You get half way through and have to put the paper back into the printer so that the other side can be printed. I then cut the sheets in half and used a ring binder machine we have at work to re-join them.

Does your printer not support booklet form printing?
ghuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 3:08 PM   #5

I gave up on trying to print the C3020 manual as a booklet when after a paper misfeed on the second pass caused the facing pages (recto/verso) to be out of sync. This was all due to my flub, but none the less left me sufficiently frustrated that I ended up just printing it one-up on plain paper and then took the printout to Kinko's and had them copy it two-sided on three hole punched paper and then just put it into an ordinary three ring binder.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 9:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Miller
Another "dumb" idea from miller time... how about copy and paste to your e-mail, send it to yourself and print it. Or would that many pages be a really big job? You could set the type size and all to compact it that way also. If you do it and it works. Forward it to the rest of us.
Since it's a PDF the text size is not changeable.

I do have Acrobat and thought sure I'd be able to figure out some way to get this thing in line. Acrobat supports booklet printing, but for some reason it's greyed out in this instance. My printer does not have booklet printing but does support reducing the page size and printing multiple pages on one sheet. A note if any of you try to do this - first (in the Adobe print dialog) set the option to "Expand small pages to fill sheet" to be on.

I ended up printing it one-sided at 6 pages per sheet. That got it down to 40 pages.
dwaldmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:33 PM   #7

[I printed the manual for the C5050z two pages to a sheet but if I had it to do over again I'd take the CD to Kinko's, or the equivalent, and see what they could do. ]

Just wondering if you could give me an Aussie equivalent ... what sort of shop is kinko's?
Thanks
Kezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:08 PM   #8

Copy/printshop.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote