Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Mar 22, 2008, 1:19 PM   #1

Hi My camera model is Stylus 300 digital. It has push type external lens closure which switches the camera on and off . That lens has become v loose and many a times it moves to on position just by a feather touch. I read it somewhere that this particular model of camera had an inherent flaw in it ? Is it possible to fix this please ? thanks
greendesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:37 PM   #2

Hi: Yes your problem is not unheard of models with sliding doors. While it could be repaired, the cost of repair may not be worth the cost. The Stylus 300modelcame outabout 5 years ago. You can buy the camera used on e-bay or Amazon .com for $75 to$90; which is probably less than the repair cost. The only way to be sure is to get a firm estimate from a camera repair service. Here is a link to a current listing on e-bay for $90:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLYMPUS-STYLUS-3...QQcmdZViewItem

The Stylus 300 was an excellent camera when it came out, but 5 years is along time in the digital world. The newer cameras provide more features for the money. Since the camera model is so old, perhaps you shouldconsider upgrading to a newer model.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:53 PM   #3

Hi Steven

A long time back, I saw somebody selling that door at eBay. I should have bought it ?

As you rightedly pointed out, I need to buy a new one. What about the battery (original Olympus lithim) and the SD card I am using in it - i.e. does all the newer
Olympus camera use the same battery and card ?

P.S. Is that your car in the avatar ? I won't mind a ride
greendesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:37 PM   #4

Hi: If you think that you can replace the door yourself, then Olympus has a silver door for your camera in stock for $20.44 on their website:

https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...amp;submit1=Go

Your camera uses the xD card, which is still used in new Olympus Cameras. But I think that theLi-10B lithium batterynow has a different model number for new Stylus cameras.

Good luck on which ever direction you decide to go.

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote