Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 22, 2003, 8:05 PM   #1

Default video capability

Hi,
I am the proud owner of a brand new C750 - my first digital camera - and am loving every minute with it.
I really didn't know what I was doing when I went shopping for this, I just knew I wanted a digital camera and basically just let the sales guy talk me into this one. ( fortunately no regrets there! )
However, he told me that with a 256mb xd card, it was capable of recording video for 56 minutes. I've not yet read anything anywhere to confirm this, and was just wondering if someone can give me an answer on this, and also how long a 128mb card records for. I'm currently using the 16mb one that came with the cam, but am keen to upgrade as soon as possible.
Thanks
Kezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2003, 8:39 PM   #2

Sorry, but you were misled by the salesperson. According to Steve's Review:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/c750uz.html

HQ 320 x 240 15 fps 16 sec. max per sound movie
SQ 160 x 120 15 fps 30 sec. max per sound movie

Although you can get multiple movies on a card that may total the time the salesperson specified, the limits are due to the internal memory of the camera.

It's a fact of life that still cameras don't have a good video mode, and video cameras don't have a good still mode.

- Check out the Oly_C-7x0 Yahoo Group, discussions, fun assignments for all C-7x0 users (700, 720, 730, 740, 750):
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700/
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 9:38 PM   #3

Thanks Mike .... I suspected as much. Lucky for me that the video part wasn't my deciding factor :lol:
Kezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 4:57 PM   #4

Haven't had my c750 for long but, I just looked in my pdf manual regarding movies. Both it and the specs indicate that the limitation on movies is the card size. The specs talk about a 32 mg card holding 93 seconds with sound. -Rob
RobReab is offline   Reply With Quote