Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 27, 2002, 2:17 AM   #1

Default Setup on Photo for C3030Z

Text Orange
Hello,
Can anyone advice me the difference between 1024 x 768 in "Normal" and "High" in C3030Z. I understand that the size of photo for High is trible the size of Normal. But is there really such a big difference on the quality of photos?
Also, what is the best setting for taking photos on C3030Z.
Thanks
Mikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2002, 7:25 AM   #2

It's a compression thing. One setting will compress more than the other. Generally the more compression the lower the quality of the photo but it will consume less memory. I think normal is ok for those ordinary holiday snaps but if you want max quality for that special photo and memory is plentiful enough then use least compression and max resolution. See how many pics you can take using high vs normal - it's a big difference - something has to give.

When you save photos in a photo editing package you usually have a sliding bar to allow you to select the degree of compression. Select a photo and save it (using a different name) and see how much compression you can use before the quality is unacceptable. For general snaps I find it ok up to about 30 but for my good stuff (rare) I use minimum or Tiff.

Steve
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2002, 12:46 PM   #3

Memory cards cheap, I shoot all highest jpeg, use camedia to resize to 640x480 when emailing to friends with handicapped computers (56k modem). when resize save pic whith different name.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2002, 11:02 PM   #4

Default Thankyou! Steve6 & Gary

Thankyou
Mikie is offline   Reply With Quote