Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:53 AM   #1

Default Frozen LCD/camera problem - C-750

I just purchased a C-750 and was scrolling through the menus, etc., last night when the camera froze in histogram display mode. Now I am new to the camera and not even sure how I got to that mode, so maybe it was something I did? There was no way to change the screen...it was frozen and the camera would not even power off. I finally had to resort to removing the batteries. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if it's a glitch in the Oly menu system, a defective camera, or something I did. As far as I'm concerned, you should *always* be able to get out of a menu screen or option, and this has me concerned. Any input is appreciated!
dgoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:43 AM   #2

Have you been able to duplicate this problem, or was it one of those where you didn't know what you did?

It could be that this was a one time thing. You have to remember that the camera is a computer, and computers do freeze...but it is unnerving when it does happen the first time; I've owned my C-700 over a year when I was continually shooting at a party when the camera froze...like you I opened the battery door for a few seconds and then closed it again, and the camera was fine again. But it's still unnerving!

I've never heard of this problem...I'm in a C-7x0 camera group, and maybe someone there may be able to help you:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oly_C-700
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2003, 11:12 AM   #3

I can't duplicate the problem because I don't remember what I did immediately prior to it happening. It is unnerving for something like that to happen, especially the first time you're checking out a camera's features. I'm still trying to decide between the C-750 and Kodak's new DX6490, and this little glitch made me a bit wary of the C-750. Probably unwarranted, I know, but still...
Thanks for the input!
dgoodall is offline   Reply With Quote