Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:18 AM   #1

Default Major UZI Problems. Please help :(

I have no idea whats going on... A couple of weeks ago I couldnt focus my camera. It would zoom in and out but only focus at full or no zoom..i dont think even then properly.. A good shake fixed it.

Now (dunno if related) I get really bad contrast problems.. Have a look at the 2 pictures in the link please.. players shorts should be white.. but turn out silver.. thats the same on all shots that day... Ya can see whats wrong with sky on the other.. Not getting clear shots when zoom any more either

I ahvent changed any seeting AFAIK

http://home.btclick.com/a.greenwood/probs/

Any help appreciated.. Am in the UK and its a six week wait everyhere I can find... thats just to lok at it and give a quote

Unless anyone knows a UK on site camera fixer?
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:05 PM   #2

Tony

I have old eyes but the whites look white to me. What model of uzi do you have and what are your contrast settings?
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:12 PM   #3

I thought the term uzi was only used for the c2100uz and thats what I have..

I am a pure point and click type.. everyhting is on auto and the exif data is intackt on the pictures..

There both terrible pictures and way way below the standard I usualy get. OK you get a couple of nasty ones in any bunch.. But the whole day turned out like that and then again on another day.. Look at all these in this colecton.. the contrast is terrible...

www.kipax.com -> accy 2003/04 season -> [H] Woking

Desperation setting in.. these are terrible towards older collections..

yet sunday i went to the mascot granf natinal.. tried not to use zoom too much and got some really colorfull pics
Old Sep 29, 2003, 1:24 PM   #4

Tony

It sounds as maybe your gears are out of alignment. Try zooming but not all the way. uzi may only refer to 2100z but I think the term could be used with any of the ultrazoom Olympus cameras.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 1:39 PM   #5

The "I" in UZI refers to the Image Stabilization that the C-2100UZ has...the C-7x0 cameras are just referred at 7x0. The other IS Oly, the E-100RS is referred as the EZI by fans.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2003, 1:48 PM   #6

Mike

Thanks for the info.

Phil
Old Sep 29, 2003, 1:48 PM   #7

Is the e100rs a digital camera or a digital slr
Old Sep 29, 2003, 2:25 PM   #8

It's a digital camera...it has a .55" colour EVF (Electronic ViewFinder). Some have called it a C-2100 on steroids because it's super fast, but it's only 1.5mp. It was described as, "EVF-type SLR" back then...today we'd just call it an EVF camera.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 2:29 PM   #9

Back then? I ahve had trouble finding info on it.. I thought this was because its not ready yet.

What i did read made my mouth water... 90% of my camera usage is sport and displayng on the web... The camera seemed perfect especialy as I love my uzi

Is it new or old?
Old Sep 29, 2003, 2:47 PM   #10

The E-100RS was goes back to early 2001. Are you sure you're not thinking of another Olympus E-series camera? Oly's newest E-series camera is the E-1 which Steve looked at in June of this year. There's also the E-10 and E-20...the E-series cameras (according to Olympus) are, "Geared towards professionals and serious amateurs."