Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:43 PM   #1

Default Olympus C-755UZ and C-745UZ cameras!.....?

Check this out: http://olympus-imaging.jp/lineup/dig...5uz/index.html

Anyone care to translate for us? :P
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2003, 2:00 PM   #2

Ahhh......I have translated... and I didn't have to learn a new language either. Here is what the page listed above basically says:
Quote:
-It improves peripheral resolving power, adopting multiple Bali a tar zoom & the ED lens which also aberration are lightened
-With adoption of individual Takasina rank image processing technology such as proper color gamma technology and advanced noise filter further high picture quality
-Recently with super macro mode of connection 3cm & the conversion lens of selling separately, covering the extensive photographing territory
Under the C-755UZ:
Quote:
Manufacturer desired retail price: 75,000 Yen (classified by tax)
Sale due date:
Titanium silver/late October
Ebony black/late November
Under the C-745UZ:
Quote:
Manufacturer desired retail price: 63,000 Yen (classified by tax)
Sale due date: The earlier November
The accessories listed are nothing new other than both come with a Lithium electric battery pack (LB-01 2P)....not sure if that means no more AA batteries or if Olympus has designed a 6volt lithium battery pack for the cameras. I hope they still allow the use of AA's! :roll:

Other than that the C-755UZ looks to have the exact same specs as the current C-750UZ other than the inclusion of PictBridge.

So why come out with the C-755 and C745? I have found your answer:
Quote:
100 ten thousand unit (1million cameras...translation isn't always great) achievement commemorations "C-755UltraZoom ebony black" limitation sale. Since "C-700 Ultra Zoom" selling of 2001 April, the "CAMEDIA ultra zoom series" achieved the shipment 100 ten thousand in the entire world. It commemorated that, had received demand from many ones, the high-class impression the ebony (ebony wood) black model which overflows 10000 units is sold with limitation.
added
Just found something else interesting, a comparison between the cameras and under the catagory: Photographing element I am seeing something difference between the older and newer models:

C-750UZ: CCD solid state image sensor, camera section effective pixel several 400 ten thousand pixels(4million)
C-755UZ: 1/2.5 types (inch) CCD solid state image sensor, 423 ten thousand pixels (camera section effective pixel several 400 ten thousand pixels)(again, translation isn't all that great, thats 4million)
Both of the newer models (C755 & C745) list this newer type ccd. Speculation? Anyone know the size in the older models?

Other than that everything is the same from the spec sheets. Also I found out the batteries are the same as the current model... nothing special there. All the new models add are PictBridge and the new ccd as well as some in-camera processing changes.

Now I can breath a little easy as it doesn't look to offer anything at all worth upgrading to....still no auto-focus assist lamp, improved lens and so on. I guess it maybe interesting to see how the autofocus works and what the deal is with the CCD.

The camera sure looks nice in black though!
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 5:51 PM   #3

You beat me to it...here's what I wrote in the C-7x0 forums:

Those wanting to buy a 740 or 750, in Japan there's been announced the 745 & 755 (below is translated from Japanese)...from what I've read they are only "half model" improvements as these seem minor compared to other things like shutter lag, focusing speed, focus assist, and other missing features we hope will make it into a 770:

- "CAMEDIA C-745 Ultra Zoom" "CAMEDIA C-755 Ultra Zoom": Optical 10 time ultra zoom model
The small child way and onto the user layer where the photographing opportunity of sport observation and the like is many the optical 10 time zoom lens of popularity was loaded is the up-to-date type of "CAMEDIA ultra zoom series".

1. With the high pixel CCD of the optical 10 time zoom lens and 4.0 Mega pixels, super actualizing telephoto high picture quality
The high pixel CCD which has established reputation in the CAMEDIA ultra zoom series combination of the high powered zoom lens is succeeded, in "C-745 Ultra Zoom" super telephoto ? high picture quality is offered with the optical 10 time zoom lens with the high pixel CCD of 4.0 Mega pixels, with the optical 10 time zoom lens 3.2 Mega pixels, in "C-755 Ultra Zoom".

2. In "CAMEDIA C-755 Ultra Zoom", 14 time zoom can be enjoyed with 2 Mega pixels, loading "super zoom mode"
To this time "super zoom mode" was loaded "CAMEDIA C-755 Ultra Zoom", for the first time. As for "super zoom mode", when 2.0 Mega pixel amount of the center is extracted from the picture of 4.0 Mega pixels which photographed with optical 10 time zoom, in the same manner, it is the mode which can do photographing which is equal to the picture of 2.0 Mega pixels with optical 14 time zoom.

3. While loading the optical 10 time zoom lens, actualizing the small-sized body which is convenient to carrying about
Body size of width 107.5mm height 66mm thickness 68mm is actualized. Small size, with the thin-shaped body, it has reached the size which is convenient to carrying about as a digital camera of ultra zoom.

4. Expanding the pleasure of the digital camera with the animated picture function which is complete,
Memory capacity of the record media was utilized in full from "CAMEDIA C-730 Ultra Zoom" with the broadcloth motion streaming technology which has been adopted, animated picture photographing of longest 112 parts is possible, (at the time of the xD picture card use of 512MB). With the video camera the still picture and you can enjoy the both of animated picture.

5. Enlargement of the photographing territory by various accessories
Focal length 27mm (35mm film conversion) with photographing is possible when corresponds to the new conversion lens of wide 0.7 time and tele 1.7 times, is installed the wide conversion lens. In addition, at the time of telecon version lens use, 380mm at the time of optical 10 time becomes 646mm, the photographing territory where, furthermore 2584mm (usually 1520mm) photographing becomes possible the digital zoom combined use time, compact size should be surprised is achieved. In addition, outside Olympus digital camera using exclusively because flash "FL-20" (selling separately) and, the waterproof protector "PT-018" which actualizes 40m waterproofing (selling separately) and the like it is installed, it can correspond to wide photographing use.

6. It corresponds to PictBridge standard
Because it corresponds to PictBridge standard, be able to connect to the printer of the same standard correspondence, through the personal computer, the photoprint is possible simply with the USB cable.

7. 100 ten thousand unit achievement commemorations "C-755UltraZoom ebony black" limitation sale
Since "C-700 Ultra Zoom" selling of 2001 April, the "CAMEDIA ultra zoom series" achieved the shipment 100 ten thousand in the entire world. It commemorated that, had received demand from many ones, the high-class impression the ebony which overflows (the ebony wood) the black model 10000 units is sold with limitation.

This should post a chart in english (automatically translated and hopefully will work) that compares the 755, 750, 745, 740, & 730 cameras:
http://tinyurl.com/q35j
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote