Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 10, 2002, 2:04 PM   #1

Default Lens Cap

We all know the lens cap on the 30xx Olys is a piece of design excellence - not.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this awful design. I would really like something that stays on the lens when extended. I have seen flip-up scope lens protectors (Butler Creek) used but these still need opening before switching on and do not protect whilst the lens is extended.

I'm sure I read something on this forum some time ago but that will have gone now.

I suppose I could have two lens caps, one for the off position and one for the on position - I don't like switching it off and on just to protect the lens.

Steve
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2002, 6:58 PM   #2
lg

Drill a very small hole in the lens cap, insert a length of 30 lb. braided black bait casting line, and tie it off with a big knot that won't pull through. Tie the other end off to one of the camera strap supports affixed to the camera.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2002, 5:29 AM   #3

I have a CLA 1 adaptor which is designed for use with OLY converter lenses. I find it useful to leave in place all the time as it affords protection to the lens barrel from sideways impact. It doesn't protect the front of the lens, but it may be possible to obtain a push on or screw on lens cap to fit this.
Geoff T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 8:50 AM   #4

I found a piece of cord in my local shop with sticky pads on each end,
at least that has solved my "where's my lens cap" problem
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote