Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:08 PM   #1

What's the current generation model number for the Olympus 750? Friend recommended it to me, but being a few years old, hard to find.
cgwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2008, 11:07 PM   #2

Your friend is probably talking about the C750UZ, a compact camera with a 10x optical zoom. Olympus doesn't make that line of cameras any more. Its current line of long zoom point and shoot cameras is the SP series, which consists of larger SLR-like cameras. The current version is the SP-570 UZ. Olympus recently announced a smaller, lighter version, the SP-565 UZ, which will be at retailers sometime in October.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:51 AM   #3

AndyfromVA wrote:
Quote:
Your friend is probably talking about the C750UZ, a compact camera with a 10x optical zoom. Olympus doesn't make that line of cameras any more. Its current line of long zoom point and shoot cameras is the SP series, which consists of larger SLR-like cameras. The current version is the SP-570 UZ. Olympus recently announced a smaller, lighter version, the SP-565 UZ, which will be at retailers sometime in October.

My bad. I forgot to say it's the Olympus Stylus 750. But will take a look at those models.
cgwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 7:51 AM   #4

The Stylus 750 is quite a bit different than the camera I thought you were referring to.

The Stylus 750 is an ultracompact that got decent reviews when it came out. It has a relatively long 5x optical zoom. It also has weatherproofing, to protect against moisture and dust.

The Stylus 840 is the most recent version. It looks almost identical to the 750 but probably has better picture quality. It has the same 5x optical zoom but lacks weatherproofing.

AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2008, 11:36 AM   #5

OLympus Stylus 820, 830 and 840 are the most recent models. I have one of thosecameras (I got one when it was bveing dicountinued eariler this year - The Olympus Stylus 730)and use it on fire and rescue calls when water is spraying and in the rain and it works very well. Just get an extra battery as battery life is unpredictable.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote