Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:23 PM   #1

LOOKING TO BUY A BRIDGE CAMERA BUT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE DIFFERENCES ARE BETWEEN THESE THREE RIDGE CAMERAS.
Hope you can help, any views would be welcome. Thanks
GJH0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:20 PM   #2

Hope this helps:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...z&show=all
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 4:33 PM   #3

If you can hold off a couple months Oly has the SP 590 coming out with 26x optical zoom. I have the 560 18x, love it, and I believe Gary has the 570 and likes it. If the 590 has the same IQ as the 570 it would be worth the wait if zooooooooom is something you're looking for. I don't believe it has a hot shoe but I'm more into daylight shots. From what little I've seen it is a revamped 560 with more tele power.
Eric
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:12 AM   #4

Just a point to consider: The dpreview comparison of the megazoom point-and-shoots regarded the SP565UZ very highly... but said that with zooms getting past 500mm (equivalent), current technology may have finally reached the maximum capabilities of body-based, CCD-shift image stabilization. After about 500mm, IS doesn't seem to be that effective - at least the body-based, CCD-shift variety. Judging by the Canon SX10, perhaps lens-based IS might a bit more effective at that long a zoom. Just something to consider in terms of buying one of the current Olympus megazooms - or waiting for one with an even longer zoom range.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:06 AM   #5

The review is probably right, anything over 400 is tough to hold steady off hand IS or not. I use a tripod for the 560 especially when I add the tcon which puts it past 800mm. I'm more concerned with the IQ of the camera at 26x then the IS. I expect I will have to use a tripod but what the picture quality is will sway my decision.

Eric
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2009, 8:59 AM   #6

I ended up choosing the 570uz over other 2 cause 570 has the hotshoe is what tipped me over
SweetMom52804 is offline   Reply With Quote