Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 15, 2003, 11:28 AM   #1

Default Xd card won't format...

We put our 256mb XDcard in our Dazzle card reader and now it won't format. We've tried everything. In the camera it starts to format and then comes up "Card Error". Is it useless now?? The 16mb still works fine. Any ideas out there? It's the wife's camera, and she's heart broken, she put out $110.00 for a month or so of use. From what I've read the card is corrupted, something to do with the CIS Block. Anyway to restore that??
J Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2003, 12:51 PM   #2

What brand of card is it? Most of the mfr have lifetime warranty on their memory products. Contact the mfr and ask for a replacement.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:01 PM   #3

It's an Olympus card. The wife went back to where she bought the card and they told her to bring the camera and the card in with her tomorrow. Why she didn't take it all with her today I can't figure out. The manager sounded like they'd replace the card. So we are hoping they will, and if they do I'm sure it's for good customer relations. We sent an e-mail to Olympus... they're no help at all!! Useless! You'd think, since it's an Olympus card, in an Olympus camera they'd want to help. I've seen many posts about the bad customer service at Olympus. Well this is another one. Wish us luck on a replacement card. I think now I wish she'd have gotten a Canon. I know when I get a new camera that's what it'll be. We could not be any more careful with eveything that has to do with her camera. I know this stuff is fragile but if we were anymore careful... the camera would be in a safe deposit box and never used!
Old Oct 16, 2003, 4:12 PM   #4

Default Hats off to CompUSA! ...

Hats off to CompUSA, that's where she bought the card. They just Gave the wife a new 256mb card. That's GOOD customer relations. We'll be doing more shopping at CompUSA... But NOT for anything from Olympus, Olympus USA>with such POOR customer service.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:29 PM   #5

I haven't gotten to purchase an xD PictureCard yet, all stores here have it out of stock and the few that who do are pricing it at almost twice the previous price!

Now when I do get one I hope something like this won't happen to me! :?
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2003, 2:34 PM   #6

I had purchased a 256meg olympus xdcard and had to return it also. The guys at B and H photo tried another card in my camera and it didn't work either. I was able to prove the camera was working properly by formating the card that came with the camera. They gave me my money back. I had mail ordered another olympus 256meg xdcard and it worked fine when it arrived.
iblaineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2003, 3:51 PM   #7

I have had just excellent service from Olympus!
I have five Oly digitals and two film SLR's ! The West Coast service dept. has been fantastic in correcting the few problems I have had!
They replaced one model I had with a newer model with no "hassle" whatsoever!
Last month I bought a D-510 refurb "point and shoot" for my wife. The camera worked perfect except the LCD monitor would revert to black and white intermittently. I sent it UPS it to them, and it was shipped backed to my door, fixed in 8 days! This included the shipping time both ways! You couldn't ask for better service than that!
I have found that any person I have contacted in the company has been courteous and helpful !
I wouldn't let one incident keep me from buying their great cameras!
Bob Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote