Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 22, 2003, 5:14 PM   #1

Default a newbie and his C-750UZ

Well folks, I got my new 750 2 fridays ago and i love it. I would heartily recommend the C7x0 series to anyone providing it fits their needs.

As some asstute Oly users have pointed out it has it's short comings, but like they also pointed out all cameras do. I will be taking so many variety of pics, but still it works well so far for what i've done.

I've already found benefits in the AA batteries over the proprietary that the DX6490 has-which was my other choice.

Also, I'm finding that i can buy accesories easily for my C750.
Very soon i'll be getting an adapter and filters(UV and Polarizing)

I recommend getting as big of memory as you can afford.
I went with 256MB. i can take 99 photos at the highest quality(not counting tiffs)

What i am finding in regard to settings is that "auto" works very well and that the other settings are ok, but if you use them in the wrong environment pics aren't quite as good as they could be.

So far i've been out taking pics 3 times and taken about 500 pics....and not paid for film once. Thank God for digital!!!

I'd like to thank all who gave advice in regard to my camera purchase. I've said it before, but ill say it again, this message forum is great and so are the people who post here, very helpful and kind. 8)
gogriz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2003, 9:47 PM   #2

I too am thankful for this forum, and the amount of helpful people out there, for which if not for what I read here, I wouldn't be enjoying the comforts of a C-740UZ! I might've ended up with a Canon PowerShot A60, 2 Megapixel, 3x Optical, and a bit smaller than the Oly. :lol:
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:02 AM   #3

Post some pics and let us see your work.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 11:05 AM   #4

I have a few photos already uploaded, but a bigger batch will soon be sent to my gallery, as soon as I get my hard disk back, which is to say, I don't know when.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote