Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:41 AM   #1

I just made a purchasing decision after vascillating between 5 cameras. I ordered the sp565uz for $279.99 from newegg.com. Free Shipping. I have ordered from them before.

The camera must be too new for many reviews online. But I liked the two I read. The menu system looks much better than the one on my Fuji S5700, which drives me crazy.

Anyone out there own a 565 and can give any advice to a soon-to-be owner?

Thanks!

Linda in PA, USA

camperlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2009, 9:28 PM   #2

I recently purchased a 565, upgrading from the SP 560 and found there is a BIG difference between the two. The 565 is a huge improvement in both sharpness, clarity and color saturation, all of which I always found to be lacking with the 560. Even when compared to the C755 which it had replaced. I havent had time to use the 565 as much as I would like lately, but I think you will be very pleased with the camera. You can find some reviews at
http://www.retrevo.com/search?q=Olympus%20SP-565%20UZ&rt=oa

Mike
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2009, 9:28 PM   #3

MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:50 PM   #4

Congratulations! I too recently ordered (from Beach Camera) an SP565 and am eagerly awaiting its delivery as I type this. (Fedex says it's on the truck). I'm looking forward to posting my results here as well. I too studied the reviews and the majority of them were positive. Main complaints were that the images can be a tad soft, but I found that a quick pass through an unmask sharp filter took care of that...although in most cases it wasn't needed for ordinary print sizes. In addition to the reviews, I studied the photos (including exif information) that were posted to flickr (did a search for the tag SP565) and liked what I saw. What I really like about this camera is its burst mode and long exposure ability. I'm looking forward to playing with those.
Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote