Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 26, 2003, 1:18 AM   #1

Default C-750 EVF Preview/Blanking

I am in the market for a 10x zoom camera. I am seriously considering the C-750.

I borrowed a friends C-700 to take some airshow pictures, and was pleased with the results. The big thing that I didn't like, was the EVF showing the picture I just took. When I am shooting airplane pictures with my 35mm, I pan with the plane, and click several pictures as things look right. With the C-700, I had trouble panning after I had taken a shot, because I couldn't see anything while the camera nicely showed me the last picture taken.

My question is; does the C-750 behave the same way, or is there a way to set up the EVF to continuously show the subject?

I am also considering the other 10x zoom cameras that are out there. Can any of these be set up to continuously view the subject with the EVF?

Thanks for the help!

Danno
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2003, 1:25 AM   #2

I could have sworn in the setup for the C750 I saw an option to turn the picture just taken off, so it will not present it to the screen. I am not sure, as I'd have to go back and look again. Only had the camera a couple of days.
dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2003, 1:45 AM   #3

Being a C-700 user, this is just the way that person has his/her C-700 set up...there's a feature in the menu -> Set -> Rec View -> On. Just switching that to Off will cancel that feature, and after the picture is taken (when the viewfinder goes black just like an SLR would), it returns right to the live picture. The 750 would be the same having the choice.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate...personally been a C-700 user for over a year.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 10:22 AM   #4

Do you guys leave it on, or would rather have it off? I'm still trying to figure which suits me better... Hmmmnn... :?
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:31 AM   #5

I leave the previewing set to off. I do not want a delay between taking photos.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 4:06 PM   #6

Depends on my situation...sometimes I do want to preview the picture taken (to make sure I got it). Mostly I leave it off though...but it's nice there's the choice!
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:45 AM   #7

Yeah, I do appreciate the fact that they made the option available, which shows that more thought has been put into the functionality of the Cams.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 6:09 AM   #8

I admit it's easy enough to press the LCD button twice to see what I just shot and then tap the shutter button to get back into shooting mode, but the times I'm taking picture after picture and need to see what I just shot to see if it came out properly it's nice to have the automated review.