Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 31, 2002, 12:47 PM   #1

Default 3020 Zoom Will Not Bracket

Just got my Oly 3020 and am lovin' it. But I cannot get the Drive mode into bracket. And though the letters "BKT" are visible at the bottom of the menu, it will not allow me tab to it nor will the tab even light up for availabilty . This is true no matter what exposure mode the camera is in. I thought it might be that it wouldn't light if the flash was enabled but when the flash is turned to off, it still won't turn to "BKT". Anybody got a clue on this? Thanks.
teelions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2002, 11:22 AM   #2

teelions,
Try P mode (no tiff or flash can be used), use the card that came with camera with no pics on it, card should be formatted in camera. maybe if either flash or tiff has been set turn off first. I am guessing except the flash/tiff which is fact.
Good luck,
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2002, 12:31 PM   #3

Had the same problem myself. In the end I turned the all reset to on and switched it off and on and all was ok for BKT. It seems to work in all modes except S PRG and TIFF. Must have had something set that disallowed BKT. It works with any card too.

Steve
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 7:43 AM   #4

BKT cannot use under:
1. TIFF mode
2. SHQ with Enlarge
3. NR is ON
4. SM card is memory LOW.

Check it out.

Good Luck!

-- DC Kitty from TAIWAN --
DC_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2002, 6:50 AM   #5

Default Help!!!!!!!! Olympus C-3020Z bracketing

I have tried all the recommendations you give but I can not solve the problem. The the camera changes the aperture or the shutter speed instead of the exposition values.

Please Help!!!!!!

[Edited on 9-1-2002 by Karelillo]
Karelillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2002, 5:42 AM   #6

bracketing works only in P and A/S/M modes and only with HQ and SQ image mode.

when you take pics you can see no exposure bias in exif info, only different shutter speed or aperture values. it is ok, because it is the same. for example when you set bracketing by 0.7 step, camera changes the shutter speed like this: base is 1/100, -0,7 is 1/160, and +0.7 is 1/60.
compensation by 1 step means the same as changing the shutter speed or aperture by 1 step but in values as you can see on classic analogue camera (1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250... or f2.8, f4, f5.6, f8...)
m.martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2002, 10:03 AM   #7

Default Not intelligent from Olympus

You explanation is logical but it is not inlligent from Olympus. Why do I have to guess what exposition compensation I used for taking an specific picture a year ago?
If we exchange picture, how do we know what exposition you used. Nevertheless if I change the exposition manually the Exif reader does reflect this change...
Karelillo is offline   Reply With Quote