Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 2, 2003, 1:41 AM   #1

Default Digital Print

Hi,

Got my Oly 750 last month after deciding between Fuji S5000 and Nikon 4500. I like Nikon 4500 b'cos of the swivel body, however, the proprietry battery makes me think twice. I am very satified with my Oly but wish that the picture quality could be better when compared to Canon S400 and Nikon 4500.

Does anybody knows which Digital Imaging Services (DIS) best suits Oly camera without much changes in the colour saturation? (Fuji FDI Station and Agfa Digital Universe are the 2 active DIS in my area).
asfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2003, 3:29 AM   #2

when u say picutre quality compared to others do u mean print quality.
sanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 10:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanil
when u say picutre quality compared to others do u mean print quality.
What I meant is that when viewed using graphics application software. Images looks smoother and sharper with Canon S400 with much less noise esp. indoor shot.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 1:42 PM   #4

Hi,
I have been using Costco to print most of my pictures. They use Fuji equipment that does an excellent job. The cost is only 19 cents per 4 X 6 print!
I usually put the images on a CD that want printed, but the "counter top" terminal will accept almost any media including camera memory cards. You can select any quanity for each individual print on a "touch Screen" on the terminal. My store gives 24 hour service but I understand most Costco's will do one hour service !
I have also heard that Walmart has a similiar service.
My HP 960 printer does a pretty good job, however, it doesn't match the quality or the cost!
Bob Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 10:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riggs
..... use Fuji equipment that does an excellent job......
Thanks Bob. For your info, lately printed a few photos at Agfa digital lab to try out. The colour saturation not very consistent i.e some pics are too yellowish.

I went to Fuji digital lab today to check for samples. They seems to be excellent. I think I will send some photos for printing at Fuji's lab next week.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 10:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riggs
..... use Fuji equipment that does an excellent job......
Thanks Bob. For your info, lately printed a few photos at Agfa digital lab to try out. The colour saturation not very consistent i.e some pics are too yellowish.

I went to Fuji digital lab today to check for samples. They seems to be excellent. I think I will send some photos for printing at Fuji's lab next week.