Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

View Poll Results: What kind of battery do you use?
Ni-MH? 17 94.44%
Disposable CR-V3? 0 0%
Both Ni-MH and Disposable CR-V3? 1 5.56%
Proprietary? 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:38 PM   #1

Default Battery Survey

Which of the following kind of batteries do you use?
MrBattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:45 PM   #2

Too bad you can't choose multiple items...I use both the NiMH and the CR-V3 batteries. Most of the time I use NiMHs, whereas if I'm shooting outside in the winter time or putting the camera away for long storage (so the camera will retain settings) I'll use the CR-V3's only because NiMHs aren't good in those situations.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 2:55 PM   #3

I use Nimh almost exclusively.
I had been using various brands, mah ratings and chargers. I recently I bought several sets of PowerX 2200 mah and a Maha 401 charger and can't believe the good results I have had with them!
My battery problems are over.
I'm going to Hawaii in a couple weeks and will take two camera's, four sets of PowerX and the Maha charger. (It will work in the rented car (12volt) as well as the hotel room (117volts).
Thomas Distributing was real nice to deal with on the new items.
Bob Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 7:18 PM   #4

I have a couple of sets of 2000mAh Ni-MH's that I use, and I'm yet to want for any more energy. If I am going somewhere where I know I'll be taking a lot of photos, or if I know I won't be able to charge my batteries for a few days, I take the two CR-V3's supplied with the camera along with me too, but that's just a bit of security to make me feel better because I've never needed to use them.
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 7:30 PM   #5

Default Battery Survey

What if there is Rechargeable CR-V3, would you consider using it?
MrBattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 7:59 PM   #6

Default Re: Battery Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBattery
What if there is Rechargeable CR-V3, would you consider using it?
It depends what cell technology they use. If they were Ni-MH I'd just stick with my AA's because it would be a waste of money replacing them for something that is probably just equivilent in capacity at best, but costing more to buy and requiring a new charger.

If these rechargable CR-V3's were Lithium based (Li-Ion/Li-Polymer - like they use in laptops, mobile phones and some proprietry camera batteries), they would have to be pretty good compared to my 2000mAh Ni-MH's to warrent the replacemment costs, especially as I don't really need the extra power anyway. I could potentially be persuaded to change to them at some point though. The reason I use AA'a at the moment has nothing to do with their physical shape/size, it's purely because in their Ni-MH form they're the best value for money.
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote