Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Sep 1, 2009, 8:53 AM   #1

Default Help: charger/battery don't work

Just unpacked my new Olympus fe-3010 last night. I carefully put the supplied LI-42B battery into the LI-41C charger and plugged the charger into the AC outlet. No indication of charging. So I put the battery into the camera to see if maybe it was fully charged, "battery empty." Then I put the battery back into the charger overnight and it is still "empty."

Any thoughts?

btw, I ordered the camera and underwater casing from Diver's Direct, so I can't take it back to the store and I am leaving on a dive trip next Monday so not enough time to mail the battery/charger anywhere for service/replacement.
v1rotate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1rotate View Post
Just unpacked my new Olympus fe-3010 last night. I carefully put the supplied LI-42B battery into the LI-41C charger and plugged the charger into the AC outlet. No indication of charging. So I put the battery into the camera to see if maybe it was fully charged, "battery empty." Then I put the battery back into the charger overnight and it is still "empty."

Any thoughts?

btw, I ordered the camera and underwater casing from Diver's Direct, so I can't take it back to the store and I am leaving on a dive trip next Monday so not enough time to mail the battery/charger anywhere for service/replacement.
Take it back. OR, if you got it online, maybe your local camera store will trade out chargers for you.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:35 AM   #3

Default work around

Turns out that pushing the battery a bit further into the charger cradle and holding the charger against the outlet in a certain orientation causes the charge light to illuminate! So I folded up some construction type paper to wedge into the charger behind the battery and stuck 1.27 paperbacks between the charger and the countertop to make it work.

I called Divers Direct and they said they would have their warehouse send a new charger to me. Be interesting to see how this plays out!
Attached Images

Last edited by v1rotate; Sep 1, 2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: add photo
v1rotate is offline   Reply With Quote