Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 23, 2003, 2:34 AM   #1

Default C-2100 refurbished...thoughts?

I'm looking at a C-2100 and need some information from anyone out there. What do you think about this camera? Good, bad etc. Thanks all, Suzan : :?:
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:59 AM   #2

Depends on what you're looking to achieve (eg, it wont easily fit in a purse & it's a little light gauge for shooting outdoor panoramas, but it does great with a lot of other things)
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2003, 8:53 PM   #3

Is the question about the camera itself, or buying refurbished? I bought my E10 directly from Olympus USA, as reconditioned. However, it came packaged as if it were new, with all accessories, and the full warranty.
Skiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:14 PM   #4

This would be a factory refurb. complete with warranty. Just looking...just thinking...wanted views :? Thanks, Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2003, 10:32 PM   #5
lg

I have purchased two class "A" refurbished C-2100's in the last year, and have been extremely pleased with both of them. The camera is top notch, and the only concern I had with buying refurbished was that they sent a Spanish manual rather than English, which was gladly swapped out at no cost. A Class "A" refurb is supposed to come with everything in the original box. Having purchased a new one a couple of years ago, it was easy for me to confirm. If you need more info on what should be included, just ask.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2003, 12:30 AM   #6

I have purchased two C-2100's Refurbs. One about a year ago and another last month. I bought them both from Olympus with the 90 day warranty. While that warranty is in effect, you can purchase the two year extended one. Both camera's have been perfect with no problems!
You can't tell them from "new" and they come with a complete set of accessories. I liked the C-2100 so much, that I wanted a "back-up" in case anything happened to my first one!
The refurbs keep coming up on the Olympus e-bay store. They are very popular, so you have to be a sharp bidder! The last batch went for between $400 and $500.
Good luck, you won't be disappointed with one.
Bob Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote