Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:17 AM   #1

Default I need help for printing pictures taken with my c750!

I am sorry but I have absolutly no knoledge at all about how to use printers and set size etc!!!

I would be happy if someone could help me understand :

What is the maximum print size I can have with a picture taken with the ShQ mode of the C750?

Is there anyway I can calculate this myself?

What if I want to print at Standard picture size (15X10 Centimeter)
in this case at what dpi should I set the printers ??

Oh well, this makes too much questions here and I doubt I get an answer!
vampgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2003, 8:43 PM   #2

hello!
I own a C-750 for about a month and I have to tell you that It think you've made a great choice.

Talking about printing and stuff, when you save your pictures in your xd card at the camera with SHQ format you can use resolution of 2288x1712 or 2288x2400 (3:2) or 3200x2400 (by software). So, admiting that you use 2280x1712, the normal mode, you can print a A4 page without losing quality.
I use Adobe Photoshop 7 myself, and when I go to resize my image, I can select pixels or cm. When you open a file and go there, the default is pixels and a unchanged picture SHQ of 2288x1712 must be like it on pixels table. If you change it to cm, it converts itself (22x28 cms). So, you have to be aware of when you resize to less you DON'T loose quality, when yo resize to bigger, youi LOOSE. So, that's why almost everytime, I save my picts with biggest format so I can play with picts without loosing it!

I dont know the printer you own, but when I want to print 10x15 cm paper sized picts I use my origunal picture. What I mean is that I open my original pict and then with print preview on photoshop I select the paper 4x6 inches (10x15 cm) and I select (resize to fit) and thats it!
DONT EVER resize the picture before printing because if you do that you'll be loosing quality to print.
Always print the original size!!!

I hope it helped a bit!
I'm sorry but my english is bad, specially at 2 am!
Love, Andrea

Ps- Add me to MSN messenge if you want: andrea_oliv@hotmail.com
Deiota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 9:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deiota

I hope it helped a bit!
I'm sorry but my english is bad, specially at 2 am!
You helped me a lot!
Actualy I was totaly ignorent on this issue and really needed help and you cleared out things for me.

What I did till now (stupid) was:
I was printing my pictures to a full A4 size!
Or I would resize and make them smal before printing to my desierd size.

Actualy what I understand from ur posting is that I do not need to resize the picture at all!
All I need to do is set my desied size in printer setup and check resize!

Now there is another question I have!!!

I use A4 Glossy papers and they are a bit expensive for me!
I can print up to 4 or 3 pictures on each, but I don't know how!

Is there anyway to load up to 3 or 4 pics at once and place them on the paper and hit print
OR maybe print first picture on the begining top of a paper and then set the second to print after that one on the same paper without the pictures getting printed on each other??

I am not even sure I explained the question corectly!
Me too have to be excused for bad english!
Old Nov 25, 2003, 9:52 PM   #4

Hi again!
You understood correctly. You don't resize the original picture, no matter what size yuo want to print. At the print preview you select the size of the picture you want to priont abnd the pc does is job of adjusting the size.
Which Operating Systme do yuo have? Windows Xp?
If so, when you select a picture on windows picture and fax viewer or even in explorer, you can select the +pictures you want to print and press the right button of the mouse and click "print".
then you sclick Next. then you check all the pictures you wabnt to print and then hit next.
Then you go to printing preferences and conigure the pprinting you want (like size of the paper, quality etc..) and then you hit OK and Next . Then you come to what matters: The LAyout Selection.
here you can choose to print one picture per page, 2, 3, 4 etc...
If you want to print 4, per instance, you select the 9x13 cms print layout and the print is made as you wanted: all the 4 pictures you selected are printed at the same page!
I don't know if at photohop you can do this by itself, and if at windows 2000 or even win98 you have this printing options you have at win XP.
By the way, perhaops you shoud instal Camedia Software that came with Olympus C-750 CD, because I think it has this kind of printing options (not sure cause I don't use this software with XP, don't need it at all!) Check it out!

Hope it helped!
Love, Andrea
Old Nov 25, 2003, 10:31 PM   #5

Thank you so much Deiota

I did exactly as you said and it worked just perfect

Now I have 4 pictures on the same paper ready to be cut
Old Nov 25, 2003, 10:34 PM   #6

I'm glad you made it!
Post some pictures of your camera so we can see the beauty of it!
If not, send by email to andrea_oliv@vianw.pt so I can check it out!
Love, Andrea
PS- If there is any doubt about anything,. please contact me or post a message here so we all can help you. i'll do my best indeed, despite of beeing a newbie also!