Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 27, 2003, 9:36 AM   #1
NMH

Default Are we expecting C-755UZ soon?

Model C-745 & C-755 is already at Olympus Japan website.

I like the black colour C-755UZ. Hopefully we can get it soon.
NMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2003, 2:49 PM   #2

I think the (senseless ? ) advantage of 745/755 is the ability for PictBridge, not the color.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2003, 12:00 AM   #3

I think we'll see the 760 and 770 on these shores rather than the 755.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2004, 9:30 PM   #4

When you translate the Olympus Japan website with the Altavista Babelfish, the translation of the description of the advantages of the C-755 is as follows below. Sounds like they improved the lens, internal color processing and the noise filter?

"It improves peripheral resolving power, adopting multiple Bali a tar zoom & the ED lens which also aberration are lightened.

With adoption of individual Takasinarank image processing technology such as proper color gamma technology and advanced noise filter further high picture quality.

Recently with super macro mode of connection 3cm & the conversion lens of selling separately, covering the extensive photographing territory."
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 8:14 PM   #5

Actually, on DPreview, it shows that Olympus announced the C-760. It looks like it's a C-740 but smaller. I wonder if a C-770 will follow which is a smaller C-750...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0401/04...ympusc760z.asp
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:52 AM   #6

Oh brother, just love that machine translation!
Michi, if you'll give me the URL for the Olympus site where you used babelfish, I'll translate the comments for you. I just bought a C-755, and I don't see any real difference in the documentation, other than the support for PictBridge, and the addition of a "superzoom" function, which doesn't do anything for me at all (I did a test, and the 14x superzoom is quite inferior to normal zoom enlarged).

Best wishes,
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2004, 6:01 AM   #7

In the FWIW department, I found the Olympus site Michi refers to above, and the proper translation goes:

"With multivariator zoom lens featuring ED glass for improved peripheral resolution and reduced aberration. Proper Color Gamma technology, advanced noise filter and other unique advanced-image-processing technology for even higher quality images.
Broader photographic vistas are made possible with the super-macro function (3cm minimum focusing distance) and optional accessory conversion lenses."

What all this means is that the features are the same as those for the C-750. Interestingly, the site leaves out a description of the new "superzoom" (x14) function, which is supposed to produce an image equivalent to that from a 14x 2-megapixel camera. Nothing really to write home about, though.

Cheers
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote