Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 2, 2003, 6:31 PM   #1

Default c750 pixel mapping ???

"A rare but vexing problem with digital cameras is "dead" or "stuck" pixels in the CCD. If this ever happens with your Olympus camera, you can simply engage this feature to remap the CCD -- no expensive service required."

What does "remap the CCD" mean exacly? Is it an interpolation of adjacent colors to "hide" the hot pixel or does the camera actually uses another pixel on the CCD to render the image correcly?

I bought the c750 yesterday and first thing I noticed on the first few pics was a bright white dot on the exact same spot on EVERY pictures. I could see it on my pc as well as on my c750 screen...

So I wonder, should I return the camera since I seem to have corrected the situation with the pixel mapping feature? Or is this feature just a fake? :?:
dhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2003, 6:46 PM   #2

Never mind I found my answer !

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/998087928.html
dhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2003, 10:15 PM   #3

If remap fixes it, that's fine (although most will want to exchange the camera if it comes with a hot pixel already). Just make sure it isn't something else (like something on the CCD).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 7:42 AM   #4

Unfortunately I noticed the bright white dot on my brand new C750 too. I used the "PIXEL MAPPING" function which reduced the number of dead pixels but there are still some dead ones remaining. Repeated usage of PIXEL MAPPING could not fix the problem.

regards
Aster
Aster Moon is offline   Reply With Quote