Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 7, 2003, 4:02 PM   #1

Default C750 action shoots

hey

need some information about action shoots with the olympus c750:
- is the C750 usefull for sport action shoots and fast motion ?
- what about the burst mode, how good are the pictures ?
is it possible to do sequenze fotos of e.g. a windsurf trick and how good are this ??

very thanks for informations (sorry for my english)
mede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2003, 4:35 PM   #2

This shows the ability of the 750 to stop action. Notice the sections of split pole still in the air after the moment of impact!

Jerry
Jerry Backof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:12 AM   #3

Hi!
I also have an Olympus C-750 and I have to admit this is agreat camera. I have 2 dogas and a cat and I love to go to the beach, and I usually shoot them a lot, even when they're playing with ball or something. The camera can freeze and stop the image pretty well.
Concerning to sequencial shoots, it cam be done easily by selecting that optino on the camera's menu.
Plus, You have to ad the 10x optical zoom, that is a great advantage!
Buy it and you'll feel it's great
Love, Andrea
Deiota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 10:56 AM   #4

Default Action shots

Jerry, you have some outstanding shots. The shot of the butterfly is incredible. I just got my 750 yesterday and got all the manuals out and then we put it away till Christmas. Can't wait to get started!!!!!

Bill
wharrisIU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 4:15 PM   #5

Default Action shots

Hi Jerry, me again.

Do you just set the mode to sports on your camera, or do something manual to get shots like this......

Bill
wharrisIU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 6:31 PM   #6

Bill,

I don't even think I had set the camera for the sequence shots for this one. I shot most of mine, as I recall, in the P mode. The butterfly shots I eventually switched to the portrait mode only to blur out the backgrounds. With many butterfly shots, I switched to manual focus and estimated the distance to the buttergly.

Nothing fancy; I just shot a lot of pics!

Jerry

Member of the
http://groups.msn.com/Olympus700Series
Jerry Backof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2003, 4:40 PM   #7

Hi Steve,

Great shot of the charging knights. I've been looking at the 750 and that shot really confirms that it is what I want. Thank you!

Vern
vernlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2003, 10:10 PM   #8

It depends how you define "fast moving objects". Of course it can "stop" fast moving objects with it's 1/1000 shutter speed, but when it comes to tracking objects which are moving at or away from you, it does not do very well in my experience. If you can check the camera out a smaller store where you are allowed to stand near a window, try tracking some cars driving by, that should give you an idea on how well it does.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 9:49 AM   #9

OK. New, fast learning user....

The C750 has a 1/1000 shutter, which will stop a lot of sport stuff.

The problem with this, and other digi/auto cameras, is the pause between presing the shutter and the shot being taken. You need to use a lot of non-auto settings and also need to half-press the shutter button, which primes the camera, and allows a faster response.

From what I have seen so far, the more manual you go, the faster the response. Half-pressing the shutter button can be tricky, as the fire is so light. I _believe_ that helf-pressing also means that the picture you take is set up according toi what was ambient at the time you pressed the button. But really, this is not a problem in action shots, and is as good as or better than a manual setup of every shot.

You need to work with the camera to get used to this.

This does not set the C750 apart from other digicams AFAIK.

Burst mode depends on how you use it. The fastest is about 1.5-2 FPS, with limited frames. The standard is 1.3. This is not very fast. many SLRs go to 5-7 FPS and faster.

You could use movie mode, but it's 15 FPS and 320*240. The new Fuji S7000 has full-VGA movie capability, but would use huge amounts of storage.
Nickagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2004, 1:04 PM   #10

I had the 700 but am getting the 750 in a day or 2(ordered).
my daughter does show jumping and the 700 gave great results(you can see on the "showjumping" album on my site)
you just need to play with it til you get the touch,you will be HIGHLY rewarded!!
Foxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote