Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 8, 2002, 6:37 PM   #1
Tee

Default C-2100UZ question....

I am really interested in purchasing this model camera, however I am a little nervous purchasing a refurbished model. Can anyone give me any insight to make me feel better about purchasing this camera. I love the features and I think it will be a great step up for me.

Any input would be appreciated.
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2002, 12:45 AM   #2

I just purchased a refurbished c-2100 from pcrush.com. It has so far worked flawlessly. I reccommend getting it! Its a great camera.
matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2002, 5:39 AM   #3
lg

I can't provide any input on refurbished units, but the C-2100 is the only digital camera I have ever owned. I am completely satisfied with this camera I bought to replace my 35mm SLR. I purchased it after researching digital cameras for over 2 years. If you have any doubts, check out this thread for some action photos I took with my camera.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2002, 1:26 AM   #4
Tee

Default Thanks for the resonse.

I purchased one on Pcrush.com and it should be here this week. I can't wait. Thanks Gary for the u2u.

[Edited on 8-13-2002 by Tee]
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2002, 7:08 AM   #5

Tee,
Consider date of order as start of 30 day period with credit card company. Always verify by phone after a few days that correct amount was charged with call to credit card. Anytime 2 workings late delivery call and contest charge. Last most debit cards offer no protection, always use credit crd. These are just tips for shoppng on tne net.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2002, 10:07 PM   #6

I purchased a refurbed UZI approx 3 three weeks ago. After two days I discovered a cluster of "stuck" pixels. I immediately sent it to Olympus for repair. Maybe that was just my bad luck because I've purchased refurbs in the past and they were good as new. The good thing about this is that Olympus gives you a 90 day warranty. Just a word to the wise...
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2002, 10:12 AM   #7

I too got a refurbed 2100 on its way (due here this Wed).. am major excited, and looking to take some great sport photography. 2X teleconverter is due next, to give a massive 20X optical-image-stablized zoom a great package. Hope it lives up to all Im expecting..
db27513 is offline   Reply With Quote