Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:03 PM   #11

Thanks SO much to all who are trying to help me with my problem. I am using a Dazzle brand SM/Xd card reader downloading into my Camedia Master 4.1. When tried to open my files in Windows Explorer as suggested I could at least see the jpg icon for all of my other pictures, (something I couldn't do using Camedia software) BUT when I tried to copy these files it says "file is corrupt & unreadable. Pls run chkdsk utility." I had not renamed my Camedia file path as mentioned above.

1. If I run the chkdsk utility will that delete my corrupt files?

2. If yes, is there another way to save my corrupt picture files?

3. Do you think its the camera, the Olympus Xd cards, the reader or Camedia software causing the problem? I know you're thinking its probably the user causing the problem..... (Other than pulling out the Xd card out of the camera that one time, as mentioned above, I am normally very careful with my cards.)

4. Should I try using the USB cord that plugs into the camera & stop using the Dazzle reader for a while to see if its the problem?

Thanks again to everyone from all around the world for trying to help me!
jpaphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:46 PM   #12

FYI-Talked to olympus cust serv. about my problem. They asked if I was reformating my card every time. I said yes. He said it must be the camera and told me to send it in. He said based on my info it is unlikely to be reader related.
jpaphoto is offline   Reply With Quote