Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 16, 2002, 10:59 PM   #21

Default Yipee!

Got my 2100 today, charged up the batteries and started playing. This is my first digital camera so its gonna take a while to get really good with it, but it was easy to use right out of the box.
Lil_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2002, 1:31 AM   #22

I've got 2 more weeks of waiting. It'll be in my family's hands by Monday (that according to UPS), and in my hands by the end of the month... torment of all torments.

Let me live vicariously through you guys for the next few weeks.

*? Gary, what was it about the batteries placed upside down? I never heard of that before.
kuemauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2002, 4:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by kuemauve

*? Gary, what was it about the batteries placed upside down? I never heard of that before.
Just a caution, most devices that use AA no big deal if you reverse as no damage done. Digicams not so forgiven, better to miss a shot than get in a hurry and miss the cam while its being fixed.
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2002, 10:09 PM   #24

Well, LiL?? we need to see some pics from your new toy here real quick!! Was your camera in good as new condition?? Mine is due here this Wed, so Im anxious to get my hands on it.. Maybe you said, but how much did you pay? and from whom did you get it from??
db27513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2002, 7:56 AM   #25

db, It looks like new to me. Everything works as far as I can tell. I've never owned anything but a point and shoot camera before, so this is a real experience. I've been so busy playing with the camera I haven't even loaded the software on my computer. Just been experimenting with the photos and displaying them on my tv. (Got it on ebay for $369 plus $22 shipping.) I'm not even sure how to put them on this site, but I'll have to give it a try soon.
Lil_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2002, 1:53 PM   #26

Well, I got mine yesterday (!! finally!!). The refurbed 2100 looks brand new as far as I can tell. not a mark on it. Now, the fact is Im overwhelmed at all the features. I carry the manual every where I go. So far, Im a happy camper. Very satisfied with the camera - pics seem really nice - where else canyou get a 380mm zoom at F2.8??
db27513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2002, 2:39 PM   #27

Canon offers the same lens. Matter of fact, they invented it.
whopperjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2002, 5:19 PM   #28

Hey I'd have bought the Canon Pro90IS if it could've been had for around $400USD. The fact is its a nice looking, high MP, swivel-LCD Digicam with better storage options. However those who still carry it have it for $899USD still... quite alot of money.

Got nothing but love for Canon... but Olympus creates that warm fuzzy feeling in our hearts :P
Old Aug 28, 2002, 9:45 AM   #29
lg

Quote:
Originally posted by db27513
- where else canyou get a 380mm zoom at F2.8??
Actually, it's 3.5 at 380, but you are right, it is a very fast lens with a 10x zoom!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2002, 12:57 AM   #30

Okay, it's here... I've got it now. What I can say is that the anticipation was far more than actually getting it. When I opened the box, it was so small and light. They say the pictures add about 10lbs (that's probably true for the camera too). The fine folks shipped all the attachments and an extra 4 AA alkaline batteries.. I guess to tide me over while I wait for the NiMH batteries to charge.

Now that I've completely killed the AA's in a matter of minutes, I guess I've gotta wait until tomorrow to try my hand at following the basic steps in the manual.

You know reading reviews and actually taking pictures are two different things. It took me a couple minutes to figure out that all my shutter presses were too shallow and actually served as AF instead of shutter releases. What happens when you first switch on the camera was kinda scary for me (being new to this and all), was all that I could see was "No Picture". The message was a little vague... was this no picture coming in, my LCD not working etc... then I realised that it was no picture on the card already stored. Okay, maybe I should've read the whole book (and not just the first few chapters) before I switched it on.

Anyhow... if I'm scarce in the forum for a while its because I'm learning my new toy... and boy does it seem like alot to learn. But I love a challenge.

As for the original thread topic. It's a refurb camera; but it looks brand new. In the 15 minutes the AAs lasted everything worked as it should have, and I'm more than pleased... will post more in a week or so...

Kue/Kirk
Nue C-2100UZ Owner