Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 9, 2002, 8:17 PM   #1

Default Buying 2100

I just ordered an Olympus 2100. It will be my first digital camera. I want to thank everyone on the forum for your input and advice. It has been extremely helpful.

Thanks, Steve for providing this site.

(I got a refurb for $362) Waiting anxiously for its arrival!
Lil_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2002, 8:26 PM   #2

Where did you find that price.Did that price include shipping.
John Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2002, 8:38 PM   #3

John, I found it on ebay at a "buy it now" auction. The seller had 10 for sale and it may still be going. I think his store is California Electronics Corp. Shipping and insurance was an extra $22.

[Edited on 8-10-2002 by Lil_country]
Old Aug 9, 2002, 8:47 PM   #4

Sounds like a good deal. I am interested
in the same camera.I would also make sure this wasn't a grey market camera.
check out your U2U. thanks .

[Edited on 8-10-2002 by John Maddox]
John Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2002, 3:24 PM   #5

$362!! that is a good price for a 2100. Ive been keepin an eye on the market for them for the past month, and cheapest refurbs are around $400. Do you feel ok about purchasing a refurb?? Im wary right now, then, if there's problems, and Ive bought from an XXXX.com, where do you turn.. thoughts?
db27513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2002, 1:13 AM   #6

db, After much review of this forum and other web sites I feel pretty good about buying a refurb. You just have to make sure it is American and buy from a reputable dealer. I took a lot of advice from the knowledgeable and experienced people on this forum. Since I got the camera off ebay, I checked the sellers feedback and also checked other camera sites for negative/positive comments from other customers. As someone suggested earlier, I will use the camera a lot during the 90 day warranty to make sure it's bug-free. Good luck.
Old Aug 11, 2002, 1:59 AM   #7

I too was hesitant about buying a refurb, which was actually worse for me because I live abroad, and having to send it back (overseas was jus too much for me).

However everyone seemed to be in consensus that they take more care to refurbs than they do the original product. It meets factory specs every time it goes out the door. I was going for the Coolpix 995 refurb until that sold out (probably an act of God), then I realised that people knew where to get refurbished C-2100UZ for 1/2 the list price. I bought mine about 12 hours ago... will be here in about 20 days (only because I live abroad).
kuemauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2002, 10:29 AM   #8

kuemauve - where did you buy from?? Ive got a couple vendors in mind, Amazon is a good one, because you can return it no questions asked for 30 days (but its a little more). Abes of Maine is another - lots of positive reviews on ebay

I think too that the refurbs seem to get a pretty good review.. however, if I can get a new one I will. An ebay vendor has one, but knows its worth something, andthe price is over $500!!
db27513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2002, 10:55 AM   #9

db,
copy and paste this to adress bloc, many "good" reviews. always caution when there is no middle area, bottum and top rated only, top rated that sound like same auther as merchants will boost ratings doing thier oown. Do positve reviews that address the last posted negative indirectly. could go on but hate to type.
Gary
Going to add a little more Cam in stock, pay for overnight, sales rep courtios is all expected. They did not make camera you are thrilled with. So who would write huge review.
True story, Camera arrives from amazon dec 22n, defective, amazon called great person on other end overnites one now and gives return innstructions. Cam arrives next day, plenty of xmas pics, this is real 5 star story.
Now the other side, every 5 star from a merchant gives "and billy bob at ext XXX was so helpful" BARF
One last 5 star story, ordered 3 modems from buy.com ups ground, came out of jax, FL wharehouse, got to Denver, 2am means will get that day. 2 days later in tn, call UPS, said they auctually were in Jax that AM, left for Miami. Asked when they get to maimia if they could overnite as well beyond delivery date. Lady said could not do anything until they stopped moving, I said lady they have shown no signs of even slowwing down, hung up called buy.com the good people there overnited 3 modem "complementry" came next day, few days later world traveling modem showed up. 5 star merchant.

http://www.nextag.com/Olympus_C_2100...0u~zmainz2-htm

NOTE THIS LINK IS A GOOD CHANCE TO LEARN HOW TO SEE BS USED BY MANY, DID NOT POST AS A LINK TO PURCHASE FROM, PURELY EDUCATIONAL.

[Edited on 8-11-2002 by Gary Senkus]

Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2002, 11:17 AM   #10
lg

Lil_country, I couldn't believe the $362 price, so I just checked out Ebay. Lots of times folks will take out the charger and batteries, lens cap, etc. and then advertise them at a reduced price, so I was concerned that this is what you were getting. According to the 8-10 ads posted at that price, you are getting everything that came in my box when I bought a brand new one for close to $500!

Good going, and let us know how it turns out for you. I hope you will be as pleased as the rest of us C-2100 fans...
lg is offline   Reply With Quote